Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

January 27th, 2011 12:00

For the LOVE of Alienware

Just thought with all the issues and negativity on the forum with Alienware, I'd start one on the positives 

Ive only had my M15X for a little over a month, and I am simply in awe. From the customized Alien nameplate, to the little Alien head on the cover to the graphics, lights, etc ..Im happy with my purchase. Have not experienced any horror stories like Ive read here...I do appreciate the information Ive received since coming here, and it was why I decided to go through with my purchase. My friends hate me (and I love it) I also purchased the AW backpack weeks later, along with the DELL red bluetooth mouse...I have yet to push it, as for 'gaming' is concerned, as Im deciding on a few games..

anyhow, I just thought it'd be interesting to see how many other AW users are happy with their "Alien" 

45 Posts

January 27th, 2011 21:00

I am very happy with my Alienware Aurora. :) I've had a few VERY minor issues but that comes with any computer. No problems here. Loving my computer :)

8 Wizard

• 

17K Posts

January 27th, 2011 22:00

I really like mine.

I do everything on it ... programming, content creation, audio/video, business apps, movies, gaming ... rock-solid so far for me.

17 Posts

January 28th, 2011 09:00

Glad you created this post!! I love my Alienware, everyday I learn something new, and I have had mine since November.  I have had very few issues with this laptop, and 90% of them have been self induced ( I suspect this is the case with alot of the posts).  I used to read this forum religiously, but I have moved to another forum where there is more help, and less negativity.  I see this "hate" on every product forum, and at first glance you would think  these products are horrendous, but what most people don't realize is, most people happy with their products don't post they are happy.  Anyway, I am very happy with the decision to get my Alienware, my experience has been nothing but good, so YAY I got an Alienware.  Now all my friends are joining the club lol.

25 Posts

January 28th, 2011 10:00

Once I decided I was looking into getting an Alienware, I frequented the forum here, reading what some of the customers had to say. Im VERY thankful...an M11X was out of the question, due to the 'hinge' issue. I decided upon the M15X, simply because there weren't as many issues. I'm extremely happy with my M15X, and the CS I've received so far. I'm also glad that I got the 3 year extended warranty as well. I've had a couple MINOR issues, but nothing short of a click to fix it. 1 being my MIC was set on default and not recognized, and 2., I had to disable the eHome Infrared Receiver to play a game...other than that, Im loving it!

10 Posts

January 28th, 2011 12:00

Like yourself, I was quite happy with my purchase for a few months.

Then I started to have issues. I wish I had researched before my purchase, as if I had known what I know now I would have purchased an Origin PC (because I had not realized that this was not the Alienware I had heard so fondly of when I first started gaming).

Anyway, I'm glad you're enjoying your Alienware. Have you tried setting up any advanced Alien FX themes? I spent hours on those back when my lights still worked.

72 Posts

January 28th, 2011 13:00

I have had mine since September and only had 2 problems with mine, the support here was great and was able to get them taken care of, I am glad I purchased mine and love every minute of gaming that I do.

Paul

94 Posts

January 28th, 2011 17:00

well guys i must chime in and say i like my aurora as well,before i got this machine i had an xps 8000 wich had so many problems.even the xchange unit was faulty too,so i got a refund and bought the aurora,,ive had it since july 2010,had only one minor problem at the beginning with the machine going into a constant reboot,,fixed it and have not one problem so far..the only thing i will add is that i extended my premium support warranty for 2 more years and it cost me 900.00....the other thing i would have done differently is getting a better video card,,gtx 460...  i check this forum every day and is the best place to get any help you need..
        so with all the negativity here  there is some good stories and happy customers....if anything changes you can be sure we will all "vent" accordingly..

38 Posts

January 28th, 2011 18:00

Though in terms of POWER mine is somewhat below expectations for a crossfire setup, I'd say I'm happy with it. It looks good, but it's whats inside that counts.

Wouldn't run WoW at max fps with everything maxed on windowed mode but still, pretty good.

25 Posts

January 28th, 2011 22:00

Yes, it was initially shipped with the red lighting effect, its currently purple/pink/blue...purple & pinks morphing  :)

7 Posts

January 29th, 2011 10:00

So far no problems with my Aurora, very happy with it. I use it for work including intensive CPU/GPU computations and some coding (Matlab, R). Some gaming in my spare time. Long time Dell customer, no regrets so far. Besides the rant, the forum has been very helpful with the contributions of people like Tesla, Morblore, Chris, and others whose nicknames I can't recall. Thank you guys  

1.2K Posts

January 29th, 2011 14:00

i was always happy with my M17X and my older M1530 , the M17X ran awsome when it worked properly and last fail was not system failing but the tech bricking it  the M1530 had 6 months of horror but it was Nvidia's fault shipping out faulting  chipsets so 2.5 years later its still lookign like the day the M1530 was bought and runnign strong  the M17X i got honestly is rock solid now  so it seems..... but to chime in i got a acer Media center 17.3 inch  notbook for the wife and only time it was turned off  in  16 months was the day we moved lol and not a hiccup from it  even had to use the DDR3 ram form it to diagnose my M17X cause dell support is a joke and asked if i could try my ram in another system and try ram from another system..... (filed a complaint on this one) even on a brighter note i got a older P4 inspiron thats rock solid an runs as hot as a torch .lol  even older  dell lattitude  and another p3 dell from 2000 that the board finally just game up (hdd failed) so i been using dell for a while but :O this alienware is the first time i  been with real issues and stilll wont stop me from purchasing again maybe next time i get a Desktop LOL

501 Posts

January 29th, 2011 15:00

I had an Inspiron 9100 with a P4 (3.4 Ghz) and I loved it. Heavy for what it was but a rock solid performer that had very few issues. Unfortunately, 1 month before the 3yr warranty expired its motherboard died and Dell said it would cost too much for them to replace so they refused to repair it and gave me a brand new Inspiron 1720 with a Core2 Duo 2.5 Ghz.

Getting a new machine at the end of your warranty can't be a bad thing however I have to admit the 9100 outperformed the 1720 by a long stretch although I don't think Vista was helping the 1720 to achieve its true potential. It certainly couldn't handle having Photoshop, Flash, Outlook, and Firefox all running concurrently.

190 Posts

January 29th, 2011 19:00

Here is my cheesy review I did after getting the Aurora ALX. The D3ll E521 : I still have it, it has been running 24 hrs a day for the last THREE  years. Now it's not a A/W but that Dell computer just won't die.  EVERY company that puts out products has a lemon or two, problems but when you look @ the sheer amount of products they sell I would bet the number of problems is average amongst their competitors.

My point is just because it's a Dell or " Dell- ified " doesn't mean it's no good. Now I could have built one for a little cheaper or gone with a boutique but I love the case and i have to look @ it for the next few years.

I love my Aurora ALX ,I use it daily for games , movies surfing and MS Office.

(ARIZONA)
Duration of product use:Less than a month
Level of expertise:Expert
Title: LOOK NO FURTHER- PULL THE TRIGGER
5 out of 5
5out of5
Overall Rating
Date:July 30, 2010
Review:The Aurora ALX is better than any machine I have ever owned or built. The case is very solid and heavy. The internal layout is very organized and well cooled. The Alien FX lighting although a gimmick is well done , the lighted keyboard is great for dark rooms. My specs I7 920 , 6GB DDR 1600 and 2 HD 5870 in crossfire. The gaming is awesome, high frame rates, no stuttering. This machine after boot up is very quiet- quieter than the dell E521 I use for web. You could spend twice as much and still not have a rig this good.
Product Uses:Gaming, movies, surfing
No Events found!