Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

November 7th, 2011 08:00

Forget R1 users ?

Hello !

I was really disapointed to see that you made new optimus drivers for M11X R2 and R3 users with 285.62 drivers , but how about us , M11X R1 users ?

I'd be SO glad to have real switchable graphics with my M11X without having to get them from Nvidia website , and setting bios in Discrete mode , and lost the IGPU , the reason i bought that laptop ...

Can you , please , update the drivers for M11X R1 users ? At least , can you say if thoses drivers are being develop and will apear in a near future ?

The whole M11X R1 community would thank you to do so.

Thank you in advance

5 Posts

March 22nd, 2012 15:00

Such bad business practice from Dell, I'm sure that they could make a BIOS update for switchable graphics with support for BF3.

May 12th, 2012 08:00

I to would like to lobby for Dell to add an option to the BIOS for Integrated Graphics. At the very least, it would allow us to go directly to Nvidia for drivers while still maintaining some aspect of the switchable graphics. Please Dell, it's pretty clear you don't want to support the R1 anymore, at least this would allow us to support ourselves.

May 24th, 2012 01:00

up up for the answer: an response from Dell to our last desire ? replace the Switchable in BIOS with Integrated, we want to select from bios only one graphic card: Integrated or Discrete  [battery or performance], like Lenovo provide to their customers: support.lenovo.com/.../detail.page

no need for switchable because of it's being unsupported, just integrated / discrete

1 Message

July 5th, 2012 08:00

I to am very disappointed with Dell/Alienware for not supporting my M11xr1. A Bios update including integrated graphics would sure make me happy as I enjoy the battery life when not gaming.  Why won/t they listen to their customers?

2 Posts

August 21st, 2012 08:00

come on Dell.. we are waiting

Community Manager

• 

54.2K Posts

August 21st, 2012 08:00

My advice is for all of you to post your M11x-R1 wishes on the Dell IdeaStorm. http://bit.ly/y6VM

No Events found!