Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

W

July 11th, 2013 04:00

Frustration with Alienware 14 Manufacture Defect

My machine is 1 day old. I have a brand new Alienware 14 which fail to start on its very 1st power button pressed. It can start now after several attempts. I have several dead pixels over my screen. Yet Dell can't replace my machine because I purchase it under EPP. But this is a manufacture defect. I am Dell customer as well. They only offer me a replacement with refurbish screen. I have very bad experience with Dell Tech support that each service they provided had introduced another whole new problem. I have 5 service invoice with me on the same previous machine. Now I am really paranoid with screen replace which only Dell can provide me. Is Dell selling defect machine to EPP purchaser? Am I asking too much for replacement unit for this manufacturer defective machine?

3.3K Posts

July 11th, 2013 04:00

Hi whyteaz,

I sincerely apologize for the technical troubles you have experienced with your Dell computer.

As stated in Dell's Online Policies, Dell uses new and refurbished parts made by various manufacturers in performing warranty repairs and in building replacement parts and systems.

Refurbished parts and systems are any parts or systems that have been returned to Dell; some of these have never been used by the customer. Dell ensures that they meet all quality standards by conducting comprehensive parts and systems inspections before they can be reutilized.

Replacement parts and systems are covered for the remaining period of the limited warranty for the product you purchase.

Kindly private message me the service tag of the computer so that I can take it further from here. To private message the service tag click my User name and click Start conversation.

Awaiting your response!

4 Posts

July 12th, 2013 00:00

Thanks Dell-Rajesh R  for you reply.

But I am still very upset with how bad is Dell factory QC is. I dont know I can trust Dell for QC its refurbish parts a not now. I have spoken with a dell rep today and he have arrange the replacement for my screen. But to be honest i am really paranoid with open up my laptop again after what has happen last time with dell technician. And why do I need to receive a three defect machine out from the box? All purchase under epp program.

3.3K Posts

July 15th, 2013 12:00

Hi whyteaz,

Its very rare that new computer gives trouble.When ever we encounter such an issue we try our best to fix the issue at the earliest.

4 Posts

July 21st, 2013 08:00

Yea, so it just happen I experience this rare occasion three times in a row? Yes, Dell technician has came and replace my lcd screen, it is perfect now. However I do notice that the light line at the left side is brighter than the right side. Could you please advise me in this?

2 Posts

July 25th, 2013 01:00

Hello rajesh, I am having the same problem with my brand new alienware 14 that I had just received a couple of minutes ago. When I try to switch on the machine for the first time, no display came out but only annoying beeping sound did. I purchased it online from dell and waited for 2 weeks to get my hand on it. Not to mention spending a lot of money for the 'premium' but i all i get is this little annoying music box. I thought buying it online will save me the trouble from going to the store. However, it is so unlikely.

215 Posts

July 25th, 2013 08:00

I am curious, are these the latest models or brand new R2's that are still being sold online?   I ask because I was thinking of upgrading my R1 to the very latest model.  

2 Posts

July 26th, 2013 00:00

It's the brand new alienware that had just released,  the latest one.

215 Posts

July 26th, 2013 06:00

I see.  I am sorry to hear you guys are having such a hard time with them.  Hope it works out for you.  I'll hold off on buying mine for now.  

No Events found!