Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

February 27th, 2017 23:00

Full screen issues with movie playback - Epson Tw8300

New 6th gen alienware 15.

everyting works on the projector except playing movies fill screen. black image with sound

VLC works but netflix, youtube, chrome, firefox and all other video formats are blank image.

I have tried 4k / HD display and everything else i can think off. 2x diff HDMI cables. 

Any advice would be awesome

4 Posts

March 1st, 2017 19:00

thanks tesla, it absolutely awesome this 8300, especially when you watch something like batman superman 4k

ill check out the threads

3 Apprentice

• 

4.4K Posts

February 28th, 2017 11:00

Hi, 

Send me a private message with the service tag, so I can check some system specs.

8 Wizard

• 

17K Posts

February 28th, 2017 12:00

1. VLC works

2. but netflix, youtube, chrome, firefox and all other video formats are blank image.

1. Ok. So, Windowed and Full-Screen?

2. What about these? They work in a Windows, but not full screen?

I assume you are using the laptop's HDMI-Out, right? 

What happens with the 4K HDTV? You said you tried it, but what happens (test as above).

Does the laptop detect these HDMI displays, and are you using ...

1. Output to only HDMI port only (like with Function Key switch).

2. Using this new "display device" as a "Mirrored" display or an Extended Desktop? 

8 Wizard

• 

17K Posts

February 28th, 2017 13:00

Nice projector.

I have an Epson 8350. It's a torch carrying workhorse ... love it! My room is multi-use (non-light controlled).

See these:

en.community.dell.com/.../20981281

hardforum.com/.../

Having trouble with HDMI full-screen DRM content sort-of sounds like a HDCP problem, but I don't think all those sources have DRM.

4 Posts

March 1st, 2017 19:00

windowed fine for youtube chrome and other. full screen blank

Netflix no image at all

HDMI yes

Projector runs everyting fine, games and all

projecteor as sole screen, laptop scenn tyrned oof

4 Posts

March 3rd, 2017 16:00

FIXED - message from....

Alienware-Eimy

Hi,

Looks like this is a compatibility issue between Optimus and Windows 10. You can try 2 workarounds:

Open Chrome > Settings > Advance settings > System: and disable the Hadware Acceleration.

Or, open device manager and disable the Intel graphics card every time you are using the external, then unable it when you're not.

Let me know!

No Events found!