Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

D

May 9th, 2017 19:00

Game sounds not working.

Hello. I have 2 games Dishonored 2 and Mass Effect Andromeda that the sound doesnt work. If i uninstall and reinstall the audio driver the sound work for them until i close and reopen them then the sound doesnt work anymore. But every other game i have the sound works fine so its just those 2 games. I've tried verifying the integrity of the game files, uninstall and reinstalling them, and doing the windows IOS that restores the original windows files. I've tried everything but a complete system restore and was really hoping someone has a potential solution or workaround? Thanks. 

8 Wizard

• 

17K Posts

May 9th, 2017 20:00

What model of Alienware do you have?

What version of Windows are you running, and was it an upgrade, or did it come pre-installed.

4 Posts

May 10th, 2017 02:00

I have the 17R4 and it happened after the most recent sound driver update that said was available in the Alienware update app. After about 5 hours of trying different things I finally got it to work. I had to disable the Origin and Steam game overlays which makes no sense I know but it works. Thank you for the reply though!

8 Wizard

• 

17K Posts

May 10th, 2017 12:00

Glad you got it working. Thanks for taking the time to post your fix.

Yes, if you search here a bit, you will see you are not the only one affected. Many posts about it a while back when that update got pushed-down.

4 Posts

May 11th, 2017 19:00

Just an update that no longer works. Mass effect Andromeda sound only works not if I restart my computer and is the first game I play. After I close it and reopen there's no sound. Also for Dishonored 2 while the game is loading or during any point really I have to push the windows key then go back into the game and then the sound works. It's blowing my mind haha. I'll definitely look for those posts right now I appreciate it. 

May 12th, 2017 10:00

roll back to the previous sound driver version.

4 Posts

May 15th, 2017 19:00

For some reason they are starting muted so if I hold the FN and double tap the F3 key it works. Thanks for the reply though. 

No Events found!