Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

T

September 22nd, 2015 16:00

HDMI IN won't load anymore

I've had this problem in the past, but it was fixable, but now that I've upgraded to Windows 10 (again), I meet up with this annoying message again:

System.DllNotFoundException: Unable to load DLL 'HDMISourceBiosSupportAPI64': The specified module could not be found. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8007007E)
at AlienLabs.HDMIIn.Domain.Classes.HDMIInBiosSupportAPI64Map.Initialize()
at AlienLabs.HDMIIn.Domain.Classes.HDMIInBiosSupportAPIWrapper.Initialize()
at AlienLabs.HDMIIn.Domain.Classes.Factories.ObjectFactory.GetHDMIInBiosSupportAPIWrapper()
at AlienLabs.AlienFX.Controller.HDMIIn.Classes.HDMIInHotKeyControllerClass..ctor(IntPtr windowHandle)
at AlienLabs.AlienFX.Controller.Classes.ObjectFactories.HotKeyControllerObjectFactory.NewHDMIInHotKeyController(IntPtr windowHandle)
at AlienLabs.AlienFX.Controller.ControllerMainForm.initializeHotKeyController()
at AlienLabs.AlienFX.Controller.ControllerMainForm..ctor()
at AlienLabs.AlienFX.Controller.Program.Main(String[] args)

I've tried doing a clean uninstall and install, searching the web, and all I can come up with is that this is caused by a Windows 10 update.

Please help.

-thecomputerkid101

P.S: Yes, the driver is in the hard drive.

7 Technologist

• 

4.4K Posts

September 23rd, 2015 07:00

Hi,

To better assist you, please confirm the Alienware model name and revision for your computer.

September 23rd, 2015 08:00

I have a Alienware Alpha Late 2014 (according to Dell Support)

7 Technologist

• 

4.4K Posts

September 24th, 2015 12:00

Hi,

Thanks for confirming that. When exactly do you get the message? Does the desktop screen remain black? Can you still boot into console mode?

September 26th, 2015 11:00

I get the message on startup, the screen is not black, and I don't think console mode works currently because I uninstalled HiveMind due to Windows 10 compatiblilty issues with HiveMindFilterDrv.sys*, so I'm currently using the Windows 10 desktop. And I also have auto-login disabled*. 

*Has been done before upgrading to Windows 10

3 Posts

September 26th, 2015 21:00

I get the same error. Been working fine for weeks. Now I get the HDMI error and a message to install hivemind core components. Which fails over and over. Make my alpha useless cause you cant do anything without core

7 Technologist

• 

4.4K Posts

September 28th, 2015 14:00

Hi,

We do not recommend uninstalling the HiveMind Interface software, this could be the cause of the issues. We had a recent update with this software. Click here for the download link. Try the new version, it may fix the issues. 

September 28th, 2015 17:00

Actually, Command Center seems to have fixed itself (either that or it has a hit or miss startup). Thanks for the help anyway. I might reinstall the HiveMind software, but I might not. 

3 Posts

September 29th, 2015 06:00

I installed the new version and it fixed all issues. I don't know why the auto-update broke things. Thanks!

7 Technologist

• 

4.4K Posts

September 29th, 2015 10:00

Thank you for confirming this. Im glad that fixed the issues. Let me know if you need further assistance. 

September 30th, 2015 19:00

this issue has plagued me since windows 10 launched. I can find no means to fix the issue other than completely uninstalling command centre, rebooting, then reinstalling. this fixes the issue right up until windows installs an update which requires a reboot. once that happens the issue is back and I have to uninstall and reinstall all over again.

this issue is particularly annoying because it only seems to be affecting a select few alpha owners. I have the top end i7 alpha and it seems there is nothing can be done to fix it. very frustrating as I rely on it to play my xbox one through. and I use it a lot more than the alpha.

it also seems that it only affects the hot key command to switch to hdmi in because if I open command center and manually change to hdmi in it will work, but as the hot key is broken I cannot revert back to the alpha from the hdmi in source and thus meaning there is no real fix other than uninstalling and reinstalling.

I see above that reinstall fixed the issue, but I stress this is only a temporary fix until windows decides it needs to install another update which requires a reboot.

I do hope someone finds a fix soon.

p.s. I am currently facing another windows update, I have made a backup of the dll file which causes the error or seems to be removed when windows updates. I'm hoping that when the error next arises I can just copy the file back to its original location within the windows system32 folder and a reboot will fix the issue.

I'm very much hoping this works and doesn't put me in a worse position than now as I know its dangerous to mess with dll files. Wish me luck.

3 Posts

September 30th, 2015 21:00

Come to think of it, yes it did start breaking after win 10 did an update.

October 1st, 2015 05:00

making a backup copy of the hdmibios dll in question didn't work. as when the error popped up, I checked the system32 folder and the dll was still there anyway. I'm unsure as to why a windows update would target or cause an issue with this file.

the only thing I can think of is that there must be some sort of check after windows updates during the next boot into windows, which prevents the command centre from accessing any of these system files until the check is complete. A check to ensure that windows boots successfully after an update I mean. If that were the case though a simple restart should fix the issue, but it doesn't. A full uninstall and reinstall is the only thing that has actually worked for me.

my head is completely wrecked with this issue, mostly because it is such a miniscule error to happen yet it is such a pain when it does.

No Events found!