Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

August 3rd, 2012 23:00

Having trouble trying to connect to network

Okay, so I was told to reformat my aurora with the windows 7 disk and I've come to a predicament where everything is totally gone on my pc and tried using resource disk provided by Alienware, but none of the network drivers will work or compatible. I can't connect to my router wirelessly. I went to this page to download a wireless card driver, Atheros WLAN 1525 on step 6, (http://support.dell.com/support/topics/global.aspx/support/kcs/document?c=us&docid=439152&doclang=en&l=en&s=gen&cs=), but it seems the link is dead or just won't show details and allow for download for driver so now I'm stuck. Can someone please help me. 

8 Wizard

• 

17K Posts

August 4th, 2012 11:00

What exact model do you have?

6 Posts

August 4th, 2012 15:00

Okay, I've solved the problem. I stayed up most of the whole night, but I found the right driver. Instead of using the driver from that page told to use, I went on searching all over the dell site looking through all the WLAN 1525 links and then going to Google search specifying the search with "Wireless Network Card Antheros WLAN 1525 for Alienware Aurora" then I clicked first link brought me back to dells list. Found the third link in that list was compatible with all Alienwares.

Thank you for the reply. Sorry to have bothered you with this question, before actually doing a thorough search throughout the internet.

No Events found!