Highlighted
nikobit
1 Nickel

[Help] Dual boot Windows10 with Linux(Debian)

Reverting true in which I've discussed successful installation of Win8.1 and Debian side by side I would like to receive a feedback from community on the subject. It takes no use in flooding that previous one with Windows 10 discussion. So I decided to initiate a new topic as in subject. It will concern update/installation of Windows 10 along with Debian/Linux. So far it took no effort to manipulate Windows 8.1 and Debian. And it runs just fine on my Alienware X51 R2.

Could you please describe proper method of dual clean installation/boot in case of Win10 and Debian? What was your experience? Update from old release works fine for me but Win10 starts to mess with GPT/UEFI partitions and that brings new worries around. The question is: how do you upgrade Win10 versions without total screwing Debian partition? I've heard that Windows Anniversary Update will erase all not NTFS partitions away from PC. Is it so? And what do you do to avoid it? 

ALIENWARE X51 R2;INTEL(R) CORE(TM) I7-4790;NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 760 TI WITH 2G GDDR5

1 Reply
mischamex
1 Copper

RE: [Help] Dual boot Windows10 with Linux(Debian)

Hi, I am having the same issue: WIN 10 installed and running. Want to install dual-boot for Ubuntu 16.04 LTS. Now way up to now even with much help from the ubunuusers forum. Fiddling around with GPT (Just found out my system IS GPT) and all kinds of UEFI and Secure Boot settings.

Was hoping to find better help here as that seems to be quite hardware related..... sigh.

Regards from Mexico

Michael

0 Kudos