Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

K

January 2nd, 2014 20:00

Help! When i startup my New Alienware 14 everything on but the screen is black

When i startup my Alienware 14...can hear the fan is on..lightup everything....but the screen black,did not show anything only screen ,is randomly like that~~ 

6 Posts

January 3rd, 2014 05:00

it wont re-appear when i leave it for awhile ....i close and open the laptop again the screen just turn on 

901 Posts

January 3rd, 2014 05:00

Hi KTK - Does this happen all the time or just randomly?

If the screen is black, does it re-appear if you leave the laptop on for a while?

• 

2.7K Posts

January 3rd, 2014 11:00

Hello ktkbeng!

This happened once or it happens every time you turn on the computer?

6 Posts

January 3rd, 2014 18:00

not everytime...just randomly ...

901 Posts

January 4th, 2014 03:00

Maybe you can try to re-install the GPU drivers, you may be having trouble with either optimus or the sleep function, if you do a re-installation of the GPU driver, make sure to uninstalled the old driver first, reboot the computer, run driver sweeper and when installing new GPU driver select custom install, then tick clean installation

6 Posts

January 5th, 2014 02:00

hello...i have two graphic driver ...one is intel hd driver ...another is nvidia ...witch one i should uninstall ...and where to install it ~

901 Posts

January 5th, 2014 17:00

Hi, uninstall the NVidia driver first.

You can either use the original Dell/Nvidia driver to re-install (Available from the Dell support website) or you can try the Nvidia website driver, if you use the NVidia website driver and are running windows 8 you "may" need to disable driver signature enforcement before installation.

When you un-install the old NVidia driver, be sure to restart you laptop, then run driver sweeper (Free download) to remove windows registry entries, then re-install the new driver

Just download the NVidia driver and follow the instructions for installation, make sure to select "custom installation" and tick the "clean installation" box before you proceed, if you use the NVidia website driver, untick the "NVidia gforce experience" driver, it's a pain and doesn't do much (In my opinion)

No Events found!