Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

July 30th, 2013 11:00

Help pls; Computer not turning on/powering up.

Hello everybody this will be my first post.Im from Finland and I bought an Alienware X51 in the begging of the year on ebay from some (i guess) Company that buys computer, tests them and sells  them since they dont have any futher use of it. Here in Finland i was first looking after finding the x51 in a store but the only store I found it in was gigantti which had a price on 1700€ and dell had no shipping to Finland so i turned to ebay where i found the x51 that I now own (Picture of it at the bottom). The price on it was 699£ and 49£ for shipping which in euro is somewhere around the same so I was able to save about 1000€. The x51 have been working really great and I have been really happy with it, but today when I was talking with some friends on skype my computer randomly shut down and when I tried to turn it on it didnt start at all. So I Went on my old computer this one im now one to look for help and I tried almost Everything that I found but nothing seems to work. I started trying to figure out the problem for myself and found out that as you know the x51 has the Power brick which gives Power to the computer from an outlet and on the Power brick there is a Little green light that is shineing as long as it has Power and if you unplug the Power brick from the outlet the light slowly fades as the Power goes out. But when i had the Power brick pluged into the computer and but Power cord into the outlet it gave it no Power. And if I first put it in without connecting the Power brick and the computer it gave it Power and the green light started to shine but as soon as I put it into the computer it immediately turned off and if I Went Close to it it smelled abit weird which i read about on another support (said this): An ozone smell or very high pitched noise, combined with no power at all in the computer, is an almost certain indication that the power supply is bad.

So my guess is that its where you plug it in that something has gone wrong and some of you are probably saying right now email the support from the website or go on the live chat support with them, and yes I tried that but thats Another problem, it says I can't since im currently in wrong country which is coming from the fact that I bought it from ebay so its registred in the US.

So Im gonna try and Contact the Company that I bought my x51 from and have them change it so that I am truly the owner of what I bought and Im also probably gonna call the support in Finland tomorrow when they are open, but until then Im gonna turn to the forum here and see if i can get any help so if anyone have been in any kind of same situation pls help me with what you learned from this. Oh and i have warranty on the computer to 2/1 2014.

Some other problems that might occur for me is that fact that I bought it with my father on his credit card since I didnt have one et and the fact that he died in an car accident at the start of summer vacation so yeah... he cant be here with me to confirm anything...

So if anyone of you can help pls help me do. Sry for bad Spelling if you find any.

8863.myx51.png

1.5K Posts

August 1st, 2013 18:00

Hi SkogzNisse,

It seems the issue is with the power connector port on the system. You may need to replace the motherboard of the system. You may try using another good known AC Adapter before replacing the motherboard.

Please feel free to reply for any further assistance. I will be glad to assist you.

10 Elder

• 

46K Posts

July 30th, 2013 13:00

Moving this thread to the Alienware Owners Club Forum.

Bev.

1.5K Posts

July 30th, 2013 17:00

Hi SkogzNisse,

I would suggest you to drain the residual power from the system:

• Disconnect any external peripherals (flash drives, printers, external hard drives) from the computer
  • Disconnect the Adapter.
  • Press and hold the power button for 15-20 seconds.

If this doesn’t work then the issue is either with the power supply or with the motherboard.

Please feel free to reply for any further assistance. I will be glad to assist you.

2 Posts

July 31st, 2013 01:00

Yes I have done all that alllready and it doesn't work, I would like to belive that the problem is with the Power supply, so what am I supose to do now??

No Events found!