Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

S

August 23rd, 2017 18:00

How do I turn off "Alienware noises"? (Alpha R2)

My Alpha R2 has, seemingly, always made noises on certain key events.  When I start logging in on Windows 10, I get a fairly loud beep.  When my speakers (Bluetooth) connect I get a couple of different, loud beeps in a sequence.  When I'm sitting in an other room peacefully, I will get some loud beeps at seemingly random intervals for reasons I can't pinpoint.  Doesn't matter if the computer has gone to sleep, is hibernating, is in power saving mode, etc. they happen.

I've turned off ALL Windows sounds over a month ago with no change to the beeps, leading me to believe that somewhere in the Alienware hard/software is the source of these beeps.

Where can I access the volume of these beeps or disable them?

3 Apprentice

• 

4.4K Posts

August 24th, 2017 09:00

Hi samdan87153‌,

Try running an ePSA/Diagnostic test on the system, click here to view a Dell article that explains how to run this test. Let me know if you receive any errors. 

Also, try a power drain: unplug every external device (including the power adapter) from the system, then hold the power button for around a minute so you can drain all the power out. Finally, update the BIOS version to the latest. 

August 25th, 2017 16:00

Thank you for the suggestions, however none of that has worked.  I finally had a chance to do the full power drain today, but as soon as I went to log in, there was that loud beep...

3 Apprentice

• 

4.4K Posts

August 28th, 2017 16:00

You can try a clean boot, here is an article that will explain you how to do it : Disable Unnecessary Startup Items to Speed Up your Alienware System (Clean Boot) | Dell US  

No Events found!