Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

September 17th, 2014 21:00

How do you clone the monitor and tv using a NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760Ti with 2GB GDDR5 graphics card?

I joined the Alienware Club by buying an Alienware x51 about a few weeks ago, and I have been battling with this problem for about 2 weeks now. I have been trying to clone my tv and monitor(make them show the same thing at the same time). I am not sure what is going on with this. My monitor is the Dell S2340T which has HDMI and Display Port only. My graphics card has 2 DVI ports, 1 HDMI(which is capped/disabled and I'm not sure why), and 1 DP. It keeps extending to the tv instead of cloning it. I bought DVI to HDMI adaptor for my monitor, and that didn't help at all. Please assist!

Specs

Graphics Card: NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 760Ti with 2GB GDDR5

Processor: 4th Generation Intel® Core™ i5-4460 Processor (Quad Core, 6MB Cache, up to 3.4GHz w/ Turbo Boost)

• 

2.7K Posts

September 18th, 2014 11:00

Have you try changing the settings in the control panel?

If not go to screen resolution and under multiple displays choose the option that says Duplicate these display.

If still doesn't let you duplicate the screen then it could that the resolutions are different.

3 Posts

September 18th, 2014 15:00

Have you try changing the settings in the control panel?

If not go to screen resolution and under multiple displays choose the option that says Duplicate these display.

If still doesn't let you duplicate the screen then it could that the resolutions are different.

Yeah, that's the problem. The option to choose "duplicate this display" does not appear. It only says "Extend to this display." I made sure I got the same resolution as my last one. (1920 x 1080p)

• 

2.7K Posts

September 19th, 2014 16:00

Have you tried to uninstall the video card driver and then reinstall it again?

3 Posts

September 23rd, 2014 09:00

Have you tried to uninstall the video card driver and then reinstall it again?

I apologize. I have not been able to reply back, but I will try that as soon as I get the chance and let you know what happens.

No Events found!