greatzoron
3 Silver

Re: I WILL NEVER BUY ANOTHER DELL!!!!! Update on problems with my M17x.

Newest update.

And I know all about posting and my post has not been rude, mean, or nasty.  Just the truth!

On Friday last week I spoke to a man from corporate who will go by the name Mr. S.  Mr. S told me they(Dell) would send me a new part (motherboard) to my house to be installed by tech.  Today is Tuesday, no part.  Yesterday and today were my days off.  I canceled plans and waited for this part to come.  The tech. called me yesterday to see if the part had arrived so he could install it.  He told me that once again Dell had given him the wrong phone numbers to contact me!!!!  Coincidence?  Mistake again?  Or they at Dell don't want to fix this?  It is now 7:12 p.m. central time and no part.  I emailed Mr. S at 3:00 p.m. central time for an answer why I haven't got the part they promised me would be here Monday.  No response.  Tomorrow I go back to work, and I work Thursday also.  How many more of my days off will I spend waiting on Dell?

My laptop sits on the dining room table collecting dust.

I want a new laptop.  I'm furious!  How awful of Dell.  Just take this lemon back and replace it!!!!!!

0 Kudos
freestylaruk
3 Silver

I have had no choice but to request a full refund. Had mine 7 weeks, all manner of problems, no use, fed up, given up and lost faith.

If you are within your thirty days, you should be entitled to the same refund or replacement no fuss, outside that timescale if you bought under CC you still have that right, however I am not sure of the regulations and consumer rights in the US, I am over the water in the UK. You appear to have bought under some other finance arrangement, would look into your entitlements under consumer rights.

I hope your problem fixes soon to your satisfaction, they are nice lookin machines, just hope they are not just nice LOOKING machines........as I am begining to see more and more unhappy folk appearing here......seriously considering going to Sager when the refund is actioned. I am watching these spaces when I can.

Wishing You The Best

Freestylaruk

0 Kudos
greatzoron
3 Silver

And now hopefully for the final UPDATE!

Friday august 14, 2009.  My motherboard arrived for replacement but it was REFURBISHED.  Having given up at this point and deciding to let the tech New Orleans in stall it, I called him.  He arrived at my home at 1:30 p.m. and started to tear apart my  M17x.  The dining room table was soon covered in parts as he concentrated on the laptop.  The music provided for this and for me cooking in the kitchen was a little N.O. jazz and Glenn Miller, we rocked.  2 hours had gone by as he announced that he was ready to restart the laptop.

It started and on the screen was the dreaded "No OS found".  We both looked at each other.  Well howdy the motherboard didn't fix the problem!!!!

The tech N.O. called tech support Dell who told him to put the recovery disk in and see if it would fix.  Tech N.O. hung up and put the recovery DVD in my laptop.  The whole laptop shut down, no go.  Tech tried to start it, no go.  Laptop fried.  The N.O. Tech says "You need a new Laptop"!   AAAAAHHHHH yes.  Tech N.O. gets on phone again with Dell tech support.  Dell puts him on hold for 40 mins. and then hangs up.

At this point as Tech N.O. is on the phone, on hold, for third time I call Mr. S at Dell customer resolutions.  Mr. S and I our practically on a first name basis by this time.  (I say with great sarcasm).  I'm put on hold.  20 minutes later Mr. S gets on my phone, N.O. tech still on hold on his phone, he asks how progress is going with laptop?  So I hand the phone to N.O. Tech to talk to Mr. S.  They go back and forth.......N.O. tech states "I need a new a Laptop" to Mr. S.  Then N.O. Tech hands me the phone.

Mr. S says.....DRUMROLL PLEASE......"I will send you a new Alienware M17x Laptop'!!!!!!!!!!!     WOW    WOW     WOW  finally.

After 3 hours at my home N.O. tech leaves.  Hopefully never to return except for friendship and some fried shrimp. By the way this man was fantastic!!!!  He was patient on the phone with Dell and with me.  If Dell had HIM running the company then Ladies and Gentleman I wouldn't be here with these issues.

They promised me a new laptop would be here in 7 days.  We shall see.  I will continue my saga if it warrants.  How unbelievable and sad from the get go.

My hours lost, over 100.  For what.

By the way my XPS 600 that I have all tacked out , bought in 2005, has never given me a bit of trouble, real work horse.  The last of the great Dells.

0 Kudos
greatzoron
3 Silver

Another UPDATE:

Monday while at work my cell phone was called by Dell, no message left.

Tuesday while at work Alienware called my home and talked to my husband, they will call back on Wednesday when I'm off.

Wednesday morning 9:00 a.m. Mr. S from Dell calls.  Asks me how is everything and to be patient the laptop is being put together.

Noon the mail arrives with a letter from Louisiana AG.  AG has excepted my case.

At 3:00 p.m. the phone rings it is Alienware Miami.  Alienware is sorry, they have read my problems, they will send me a new laptop!  I tell them that Dell is sending me a new laptop.  Man at Alienware gives me his phone number and tells me to call him if any problems.

I guess they have gotten my BBB and AG letters.  Interesting.

0 Kudos
StrikerJojo
3 Silver

Hey greatzoron.

I ordered the m17x, complained about how long its taking, 2 months..

I called and canceled my order, instead of canceling it, they are gonna ship it out 14 days earlier then 2 months, WOW HUGE IMPROVEMENT (sarcasm).

but I said I wanted it canceled? They still have it, and they said its impossible for me to cancel my order now... ................. What? You still have it? But its impossible for me to cancel it? Does that make any sense at all? Really, I dont see how Dell/alienware is even in business anymore.

So anyway, I geuss I'm recieving a laptop, I just hope it doesnt have problems like yours did =\. Id really hate to have to wait all this time, and becuase I complained and wanted it canceled, they build it poorly. I wish alienware never signed with dell 😞 They did so much better, Now the famous alienware's are being built in china and korea and all those places that really dont even care. So I'll be in touch with you. Cause if mine is all messed up like yours, I want to email you for you to help me 😞

0 Kudos
greatzoron
3 Silver

Well I just got my new laptop and it is working fabulous!!!!!!

100 hours lost to fixing the issue.

Very, very sad!!!!

What an incredible waste of time.  I still will never buy another Dell.

Nobody should have to go through what I went through.

0 Kudos
StrikerJojo
3 Silver

Whats SO FUNNY is that thsi is my 3rd time canceling...

3rd times a charm, or is it that as soon as I called I said by federal law it will be illegal to charge me when I want to cancel after dell/alienware has screwed me over so many times.... And that if they even TRY to send me that laptop, they'd be hearing from my lawyer 😃

OWNED

0 Kudos
fenrir901
2 Bronze

Hello, I also recently purchased an M17x and have the same exact problem to the T.  I am going to return it for a refund, assuming Dell/Alienware is competent enough to process my request.  I had recently tried contacting customer care and all i got was a machine.  I then emailed them and they said i should call customer care, this all seems very repetitive to me.  What happened to this so-called "award winning customer care"? it must have died along with my m17x.  Any help would be appreciated on this debacle.  I might get it fixed but I am not sure it is worth the hours of phone calls and arguing with tech support/ customer service, but with the new Sager 9850 staring at me right now, it will be a tough decision.

Any suggestions, help will be appreciated.  Also is it possible to return it for a refund after the 21 day thingy?

0 Kudos
StrikerJojo
3 Silver

Im telling you man, Dell and Alienware by far are the worst companies. maybe 1 out of 10 people are actually satisfied... For what? An over priced machine. Seriously, It is. All your paying for is a 15 pound carrying special light machine. Which I will give it to them, Their lighting on there machiens are great, only because of there keyboard lighting. All your going to do is recieve it, find numerous problems with it, and dell shrub it off like they do all their other customers.

Sager is going to overrun them, Go look at the new 9850.. Better specs, and bigger screen (18.4 inch compared to Alienwares 17...)  ....... 400$ less.. And even better, You dont have to put up with the horrible service from india and malaysia or whatever country these foriegners are coming from. All American at Sager, And teh quality is FAR superior, Every person I talked to online that has a sager, has never had a problem and its still in great shape.

Wanna know the best part? the sager 9850 has lighting system now (not as much as AW's but still good ligthing)... AND. 2 MORE better parts.

It wont take 2 months... 14 days max... The customer support was so nice to me. Even called me back to say he forgot to thank me for choosing them and he threw in a free shirt. haha.

And the BEST PART. If you arnt satisfied AT ALL with ANYTHING with your sager system, You get a full refund, no questions asked, no "RESHIPPING RESTOCKING FEE" THAT ALIENWARE/DELL CHARGES YOU.. (which is 15% of a alienware machine priced from 2,800 to the max 4,500ish is well over 400+, why pay 400 to ship something back? That you never wanted in the first place because they are worthless and treat you like you should have never picked them in the first place).

Now.. for all that.. imagine how much money dell is racking in... Wow.. Thats all I have to say. Is wow.

So... pay 400+ dollars for an alienware lighting system, all those flaws, horrible service, constant mockery and abuse which youll end up paying for in the end.

Or go with the Sager 9850 and save 400+ dollars, and be treated like a REAL customer.

That choice is yours, but I'm pretty sure you know which one you want to choose...

0 Kudos
fenrir901
2 Bronze

I had planned on buying the new 9850, but I wasnt sure how long the order would take, but thanks to your insight I am now sold on the 9850. I will call customer service within the week and demand a refund. I am completely dis-satisfied with Dell/Alienware. What happened to the good days when alienware was known for how good their machines were? They must have been absorbed and assimilated into the ever growing competitive computer industry market, no long concerned with the customer but more so with the money.  I am deeply saddened that this is what has come to pass with alienware, but alas im a just an order number to them now.

0 Kudos