Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

November 6th, 2013 10:00

I have dual graphics cards and want the bottom one to work on start up

I have a Aurora R1 with dual 5670 cards. The crossfire feature doesn't work and I think its because the top card is going out. It runs way less fps in iracing than the bottom card. I can isolate them by disabling one but when I do that the bottom one does not work on start up when Its enabled and top is disabled, having the monitor plugged into the bottom of course. Hope someone can help. Thank you

8 Wizard

• 

17K Posts

November 6th, 2013 11:00

I thought the top card was always primary. Try with CFx cable removed.

I would test/benchmark each card in top slot with other removed.

Not to dog-out your machine, but 5670 is not a fast card by todays standards for racing sim (that will take all the power you throw at it). Two 5670in CFx is only slightly better.

Good luck.

8 Wizard

• 

17K Posts

November 6th, 2013 12:00

Can a physically disconnect the crossfire cable that connects the two.

Well, be very careful and use a flashlight, but yes ... you SHOULD be able to (maybe)     How else would you replace a bad one if one went out or needed repair?

757 Posts

November 11th, 2013 12:00

Check card function under Display Adapters in Device Manager. It should show both cards.

If you are looking under Sound, Video and Game Controllers, you are looking at Ghost Devices.

http://www.mytechguide.org/12179/remove-hidden-devices-from-windows/

You can also look under various sub headings in Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Performance Information and Tools\Advanced Tools, then select View Advanced System Details in System Info.

8 Wizard

• 

17K Posts

November 11th, 2013 18:00

whenever my crossfire is enabled the device manager will always show to high definition audio devices enabled

but one of them is disabled/ not working properly

is this normal?

I think so. I think that's the HDMI Audio (that's handled by the video card).

When in CFx, only one HDMI can handle the sound, so I would think it would be proper to disable the other one. You can have multiple screens, but only one HDMI audio output. No CFx here to test/ observe, but makes sense to me.

2 Posts

November 6th, 2013 11:00

I know my cards are out dated. They are first on my list of improvements. Can a physically disconnect the crossfire cable that connects the two. I tried pulling on it a little and it didn't budge. Thanks for your help

162 Posts

November 11th, 2013 09:00

Hello guys

I have a question about crossfire

whenever my crossfire is enabled the device manager will always show to high definition audio devices enabled

but one of them is disabled/ not working properly

is this normal?

But when I disable the crossfire then both high definition audio devices are both enabled and  working properly

I am confused about this

162 Posts

November 11th, 2013 13:00

Yes I do have two of them displayed under display adapter.

Under system device I also have two high definition audio controllers.

When I turn on crossover one of the high definition audio controllers will fail

I don't understand this.

757 Posts

November 11th, 2013 17:00

When Crossfire is enabled one card becomes the master controller. Normal.

When disabled they operate independently.

162 Posts

So then it's normal for the one high definition audio controller to be disabled?

While the other one stays enabled  in device manager?

If this is true if I hook up a second HDMI cable

.then that second high definition audio controlle. will be enabled

M I understanding that correctly

162 Posts

I think you're right that makes sense

thank you so much for your help

this weekend I'll have to test it

No Events found!