Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

N

April 2nd, 2017 08:00

I'm looking for the name of a particular factory installed program.

I purchased my Alienware 13 in May of 2015, with Windows 8.1 preinstalled.  I have long since upgraded to Windows 10, and then joined the Windows 10 Insider Preview which has been very exciting.  As a result, there was one time I was forced to wipe the solid state drive, reinstall the operating system, and start everything over from scratch.  All of my important data was backed up, but the factory installed programs were not, such as Sound Blaster X-Fi MB3, NVIDIA GeForce Experience, and Steam.  Among the factory installed programs that I no longer have was a digital music creator that I could choose different sounds and play them in loop to create my own song.  I do not know the name of this program, but I miss it and would like to re-install it.  I have tried methods of AlienRespawn, and Alienware Digital Delivery, but those were lost in the OS reinstall as well and are proving to be worthless after reinstalling each of them.  In fact, AlienRespawn won't even install onto my laptop, instead showing an error "AlienRespawn cannot be installed because your hard drive does not have the Windows Recovery Environment" whatever that means.  Any help would be appreciated, especially if there was a list of every factory installed program.  I have searched all over the Internet as best as I could to no avail.

April 2nd, 2017 09:00

Was it Stagelight?

Open Labs, LLC. Download - StageLight : Software | Dell 

Edit:

how come others can post links without approval all day long while i have that "Currently being moderated." note above my post every single time i share a link or pic? and then, at some point, i get an email. "your post has been approved". well thank you. how generous of you....

April 2nd, 2017 13:00

i'm gonna print and eat it.

Edit:

Still Funny

2.3K Posts

Hi Carbon Based Lifeform,

I have approved your post. Every post that has a URL embedded, goes to moderation on the new forum. This is to keep the spam down with movie links, etc. I know it`s a pain in the Alienware, but for now we are stuck with it. Feel free to PM me any time to approve your URL`s. Every moderation, sends me an email.

Thank You. didn't know i can ask a mod.

8 Wizard

• 

17K Posts

April 2nd, 2017 14:00

I believe that sounds familiar!  Thank You!!

8 Wizard

• 

47K Posts

April 8th, 2017 12:00

The sound blaster X FI has bundled Media Toolbox software lets you record, convert, enhance and organize your digital music files.

No Events found!