Einsteinium92
1 Copper

Issue with wake up and shut down.

I've been facing an issue every time I shut down the laptop for a while now. Everytime I shut down, the monitor goes black but everything else is working (Fans, Keyboard, lights, etc..)

I searched for answers and some said BIOS update, some said windows update, so I did it and during the update, the BIOS required a shutdown and it did the same (The monitor goes black while everything else seems to be working) unless you press the power button to force shutdown the laptop.

My other issue is that when the laptop goes to sleep, it never wakes again as I've left it. I have to  force shutdown and restart it again.

I was wondering if anybody can help me with this.

Thanks in advance.

Dr. Carlos Mikael

0 Kudos
3 Replies

RE: Issue with wake up and shut down.

Hi,

Have you already tried reinstalling the video card drivers? To better assist you, please confirm your Alienware model name/revision and the operating system that you are using with your Alienware.

Alienware Arena

Alienware-Rodrigo
Dell | Alienware Technical Support
#IWork4Dell
Opening your case does not void your warranty! Check out Alienware Artificial Intelligence
I can't always reply to PM's, if you need extra assistance visit: YouTube Logo Facebook Logo Twitter Logo

0 Kudos
Einsteinium92
1 Copper

It's Alienware 15 R1 running windows 10 on it.

I guess I've figured something regarding the shutdown. I changed the theme I was using on Alien Command Center, and then it shut down normally. But I don't know the reason why it happened.

I didn't yet check f the computer sleeps and it goes back to what it was on.

Dr. Carlos Mikael

0 Kudos

Hi,

Which theme were you using? Have you had a chance to test the not coming back from sleep issue?

Alienware Arena

Alienware-Rodrigo
Dell | Alienware Technical Support
#IWork4Dell
Opening your case does not void your warranty! Check out Alienware Artificial Intelligence
I can't always reply to PM's, if you need extra assistance visit: YouTube Logo Facebook Logo Twitter Logo

0 Kudos