chryb900
2 Bronze

Issues With Dell 5530 Mobile Broadband Mini-Card

Jump to solution

Hi all, 

I recently purchased a Dell 5530 Mobile Broadband card to install in my Alienware M11x. I am having issues with installing the drivers, as I receive this error message every time I attempt to install them. I have tried many different drivers as well as editing the .msi with Orca to no avail. 

Any help is greatly appreciated.

0116.Capture.PNG

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Dell - Harish M
4 Beryllium

Re: Issues With Dell 5530 Mobile Broadband Mini-Card

Jump to solution

Hi chryb900,

Please try the below steps and check if it works.

Check if you have downloaded R243926.

Look for the msi installer in the temp folder of your profile. The folder looks like {5497CED3-F71E-44B1-9308-D9A15048540D}. There you will see Dell Wireless HSPA Mini-Card Drivers.msi. Edit the MSA Package through ORCA software from Microsoft,
After that open the msi package and edit the table Custom Action and delete (here is called Drop Row) the Action Authenticate. Please don’t forget to save the msi package and copy it from your temp folder. Now you can close your error message and run the copied msi package.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Dell - Harish M
4 Beryllium

Jump to solution

Hi chryb900,

Please try the below steps and check if it works.

Check if you have downloaded R243926.

Look for the msi installer in the temp folder of your profile. The folder looks like {5497CED3-F71E-44B1-9308-D9A15048540D}. There you will see Dell Wireless HSPA Mini-Card Drivers.msi. Edit the MSA Package through ORCA software from Microsoft,
After that open the msi package and edit the table Custom Action and delete (here is called Drop Row) the Action Authenticate. Please don’t forget to save the msi package and copy it from your temp folder. Now you can close your error message and run the copied msi package.

View solution in original post

chryb900
2 Bronze

Jump to solution

Thank you for your quick response Harish! I followed your instructions and managed to get the drivers installed successfully. However the Wireless Manager that I downloaded and installed from dell.com cannot detect the modem. I have re-installed the manager several times and have confirmed that the modem is present in Device Manager.

Regards, chryb900

0 Kudos
Dell - Harish M
4 Beryllium

Jump to solution

Hi chryb900,

Kindly send me the system service tag through a Private message so that we could check the system details and assist further.

I have added you as a friend. Please accept my friend request by clicking on my name highlighted in blue and then click on “Friends” tab at the top and then click on “Request to Review” and finally click on “Accept” button.

0 Kudos