Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

S

July 15th, 2016 07:00

Keeping Alienware 13 Laptop Keyboard Surface Areas Clean and Balloon Errors Messages

I have had my Alienware 13 for a week now.  The palm rest areas are a greasy mess.  Is there anything that can degrease them?  I know I'm being anal but had to ask.  The comedians out there may suggest I wash my hands or not use the laptop but looking for other advice.  Also, at login when using pin I get the error message, "something went wrong (code 0x8009002d)" and have to switch to the Microsoft password login.  Finally I get the, "display driver stopped working but has recovered" balloon popping up all the time. This is my fourth Alienware computer and have not experienced these errors before.  Give me Windows 7 back...Please....  Advice is appreciated.

July 15th, 2016 15:00

Hi,

I'd suggest you to disable the pin log in since it seems to be a problem with Windows 10 according to Microsoft. For this final error try uninstalling and reinstalling both video drivers in your system (Intel and Nvidia) and updating your BIOS. Let us know how ti goes.

No Events found!