Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

October 25th, 2015 08:00

Killer Wireless 1535 disables under heavy load

I just received a brand new 15 R2 in the mail a few days ago, and have had nothing but issues with the wireless. It works fine under normal load IE browsing internet or streaming videos. When I attempt to download a game from steam or push it the signal slowly degrades before the wireless card disables itself. You are then unable to enable the card via hardware switch or right click enable. Any ideas? See video for reference.

I have uninstalled all killer software/drivers, deleted drivers, and reinstalled killer drivers from both killer website and dell.

314 Posts

January 10th, 2016 22:00

i've tried everything written in this post and other post regarding 1535, about 2 months ago. nothing works. alienware sent me an intel 7252 wifi card, no problem for about 2 months now. no disconnection, etc.

about a few weeks ago, i reinstall killer 1535 and installed the latest drive, did all the configs, nothings. will faulty driver keep on disconnecting.

just save yourself the headache and ask alienware tech support for an intel 8260. those guys lied to me and told me they only have 7265, so they sent me the last generation 7265 instead of 8260. unbelievable. 

11 Posts

January 13th, 2016 21:00

thanks for the post. 

Having the exact same problem you have. 

What is funny is i suggested to the tech that we could replace the card with a different model, and she was like "no that's the only one compatible". I was pretty sure she was incorrect, and you just proved my point that I was right. 

I'm going to see if the below options other people have suggested works, but if not that is what I am going to suggest. 

11 Posts

January 13th, 2016 22:00

after removing the killer network suite stuff, including the bandwidth control filter driver/service, i've downloaded over 8GB now and haven't experience the problem. Crossing my fingers that this was it. I have high hopes it is, because my wife has the exact same laptop I do, and i uninstalled that Killer suite right when we got it because i had bandwidth problems with it and didn't really think she needed it, and she hasn't had this problem at all. 

8 Posts

January 14th, 2016 15:00

I had the same problem after I installed Windows 8 never happened again.

4 Posts

January 18th, 2016 16:00

Same issue happening to me. With IE it works for 30 mins before I had to disconnect and reconnect. Downloading binaries shuts it down in seconds.

I told the Dell rep I wanted a replacement card, but no... they first need  me jump up and down the hoops for a few hours with a clueless tech who had a very bad - unapologetic attitude and poor accent who wanted to reinstall drivers I already said had been installed.

Plus they wanted to remote in to my system, aka. creepy and very intrusive, while they poke around the device manager (even worse).

It's a ***' $30 solution from Intel and takes 2 days to ship from Amazon. Stop wasting hours of your customer's time after you knowingly gave them a  bad network card. Send them the replacement card and a postage for the bad card (if Dell cares for these).

I gave them the lone star award on Amazon. Hope others do the same and may be someday they'll start shipping laptop with a working network card. As for me I'll be getting my own card. I figure my time and patience are worth more than $30.

3 Posts

January 26th, 2016 07:00

We've released a new driver to resolve this issue the software is available here:
www.killernetworking.com/.../killer-suite

Please let us know if the issue persists after updating.

We appreciate your patient with this.

11 Posts

January 26th, 2016 16:00

So far so good. installed this today and downloaded about 30 GB worth of data and im' not seeing any adapter resets ,and nothing in event viewer showing any problems. I'll keep testing for the next 24 hours but so far this looks to have resolved it. 

3 Posts

January 28th, 2016 18:00

Still having problems after the latest update.  

Alienware 17 r3 skylake

202 Posts

January 29th, 2016 21:00

Quality control really dropped the ball on this one.

Out the box it should have had the freefall sensor already fixed.  The Killer software already fixed.

I think the whole purpose was for people to get a quality laptop USED after everything has been fixed who can't really afford to spend a lot all by Accident.

Didn't really hire smart enough people over there at dell to handle these things.  People passing test w/o knowing the actual concept of what matters because their resume and interview presentation looked great.

3 Posts

January 30th, 2016 06:00

I'm done messing with it.  I just ordered a Intel 8260 and should get it today.  Really wanted the Killer to come around but the disconnects are killing me.  I heavy download all the time with a 1k down and 1k up connection and need something that will work.  

314 Posts

January 30th, 2016 06:00

at least alienware website gives you the option to choose intel or killer. TO ALL NEW BUYERS: CHOOSE INTEL.

3 Posts

January 30th, 2016 07:00

I actually gave it one more go and removed the card and re seated it firmly.  So far so good, but who knows.  lol.  I'll keep yall updated. I guess at worst I will have a backup intel 8260. 

4 Posts

January 30th, 2016 11:00

Most ppl don't get on this thread until after they bought an alienware laptop aka. Too late.

I bought my 8260 off Amazon, been working great. I've reinstalled killer drivers for like 10X, used driver scrubbers, removed registry for all too much time - seriously on a $1500+ laptop when there's a known working solution and it works splendidly.

Also pls fix your soddy customer service. NEVER EVER ASK your rep to remote in to a client PC. Create some downloadable windows app or something, do a system scan and automate this process. A software engineer will know what to look for and save us both the hassle.

Here's where things went really wrong:

1) Your rap NEVER verified the problem, I'm not even sure how she'll know if the problem has been fixed.

2) This issue cannot be reproduced with someone online, coz it'll just disconnect remote desktop right away. A better trained rep would have made the logical connection that this was never gonna work to begin with and save us both time.

3) She just went straight for device managers, following a script and attempted to uninstall the same driver I have scrubbed and reinstalled so many times before with all kinds of combination.

4) I can't ***' use my computer for work, while she waste my time. And she told me she needs 1 hr to poke around my PC before she'll escalate the case to get me a replacement card. I can't exactly leave her alone unsupervised.

5) My wife also works from home, next to me and we can't both be on the phone at the same time.

6) Also told her to call within 1 hr, at noon, while we both are on break, she called 2 hours later, when we're back at work.

Really Dell it's $30, and cheaper. Also for this line of computing many of your customers will be pros. Why upset them with reps that are less than qualified after you bungled the product with non-working component.

16 Posts

October 14th, 2016 08:00

I have a similar problem. I bought a Alienware R2 15 1 month ago 1535 killer adapter onboard. My network is awful! Not stable in any network. Each has 1 Ms Ping to the router, but I-700 Ms! I tried the steps to reinstall the driver (manual lying somewhere here on the Forum),but when I remove all killer software and drivers from the Device Manager, Windows reinstalls the drivers automatically after reboot (instead of I turn off the automatic installation in the "advanced system settings"). Fresh killer Suite can be installed only on already installed wireless adapter 1535. Do you have any solutions to make my adapter functioning before I ask to change Intel killer?

Windows x 64 10

2 Posts

November 9th, 2016 11:00

WOW - I have the same problem on my brand new Aurora R5 desktop and I already feel that I've wasted MORE than $30 of my time just reading about it here.  I've decided to not even TRY attempt to correct the problem with Killer - rather just call Dell and request a free Intel card.  If they want to try to fix my system instead...... I'll just hang up the phone and buy the *** thing myself from Amazon !!  Wasted time and effort is worth money my friends !!

No Events found!