Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

September 11th, 2011 20:00

Lack of Customer Service

Dell Computers
RE: Customer Complaint

To whom it may Concern,
                Unfortunately, I find myself in a position where phone support is unable to resolve the issue with my Alienware Laptop. I have tried numerous times over the last 7 months to resolve the issue and have not been able to do so. I hope that writing this letter will find its way to someone’s desk that can resolve my issue and make me a loyal DELL customer once again.

I have now to date been without not one but 2 fully functioning computers for the last 7 months, I had to purchase a net book as most of my household finances and my homecare for my parents is done either online or with other various programs. This has been a very frustrating process to say the least, I have been on the phone with your support team so much that it severely cuts into the time I should be spending taking care of my parents, on average it takes an hour to get to someone and explain what’s going on with the computer and what’s been done in the past to rectify it and the tech team having to find someone else I’m assuming a supervisor to ask them what they can do to help, its an exhausting process... Its difficult to remain confident in a company that tells you they will email you or call you back on a certain day only to be let down by there being no return call of email for days afterward, I’m sure you can imagine the disappointment I must feel as a consumer of your product, I’ve owned and recommended dell for many years, and to be honest I feel as though the reason I first started buying DELL (CUSTOMER SERVICE) is a thing of the past. I sincerely hope that isn’t the case, but with the service I have received and the manner in which I have received it thus far it seems to be the most likely conclusion.

When I purchased the Laptop I also purchased COMPLETE CARE which by the definition alone should give one a sense of security that whatever your issues are they will be taken care of in a professional and timely manner, which in my estimation has not happened here at all, this is not to mention the fact that over 7 months of a warranty I’ve paid for has been wasted in playing the swap your parts campaign that your tech support team seems to want to wage, or we will get back to you. Yes, I have received replacements and yes, there have been techs to my home to repair the computer (ONLY ON ONE OCCASION AFTER A 4 AND A HALF MONTH WAIT, WHAT ABOUT THE 24 HOUR IN HOME SERVICE AFTER THE REMOTE DIAGNOSIS) but continually having blue screen issues and other hardware and software issues (which to clarify were all installed by DELL) is a bit much to ask a customer to endure. The last replacement I received did not function right out of the delivery box! When I called DELL to report what was going on I was directed to take the existing computer apart and swap some parts from that one to the replacement??? I mean seriously I have to repair a replacement computer right out of the delivery box before I can use it?? Are they not being tested before being shipped out? After swapping out the parts I was directed to by your support team, I notice that the back of the computer I was sent to replace the one I had looked as though it had been dragged on a roadway, I mean it was not something that you would want at your home from a company the size of DELL and after paying what these things cost.  

I have now had the replacement that did not work out of the box for approximately 4 weeks when you try to start it all it does is beep and it is now sitting in a box waiting for some kind of resolution to this matter. I will attach some correspondence that I have had with DELL regarding this matter, along with service ticket numbers and my customer number. IF SOMEONE could please look into this and contact me directly and tell me what can be done to resolve this debacle is I’d appreciate it.

I feel that my only recourse right now is to forward this letter and my other pertaining information along to the DPBR and the BBB and any other agencies that I can find that will help me in getting value for what I’ve spent with your company. 
I can no longer continue to call each and every day spending between 1 1/2 - 3 hours explaining and begging for a working computer that I paid for. I should not have to beg and in good faith and with an over abundance of patience sit back and be further stressed out concerning this issue, someone please help me to resolve this issue.

I'm dealing with a father whom has been in the hospital for 15 ays and a mother who is undergoing chemo for breast cancer, I do not need the added stress nor do I have the time any longer to continue to wage this campaign for my consumer rights on my own any longer. I've saved all emails and names of individauls contacted.

Any and all advise would be a huge help concerning this matter.

9 Posts

September 13th, 2011 08:00

i have exactly the same problems with the machine and horrible support. im in a stressful situation dealing with customer support for the refund. And sorry i dont have any advise to help you out. But i hope you're keep posting what you're doing next to deal with Dell.

No Events found!