Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

March 5th, 2016 16:00

Laggy desktop on 13R2 with AMP

Hello,

I recently got the graphics amplifier for my 13R2 and stuck a 750Ti inside. I'm running a 3 monitor setup off the 750Ti. The system detects the card just fine and the drivers reflect the most up to date version. Here is my issue. When I close the lid on the 13R2 everything on my desktop begins to lag. From standard windows fade effects to moving windows across my three monitors. It all becomes this herky jerky nonsense. Now if I open the lid on the 13R2 and it becomes the primary desktop all of the laggy stops and I'm able to maneuver through the three monitors with no issues. 

Has anyone encountered this issue? If so is there a resolution? Thanks everyone for your consideration.

v/r

Dorian

7 Technologist

• 

4.4K Posts

March 7th, 2016 09:00

Hi, 

How are you connecting your monitors? Are you running the latest Bios version for your system?

7 Posts

March 7th, 2016 18:00

Hi Rodrigo,

Thanks for your reply. I have updated to the latest BIOS version available. My monitors are connected via the HDMI, Dport and DVI ports on the back of the 750Ti. I have tried disconnecting down to 2 monitors and the lag effects persists.  I'm assuming most people with the AMP set up are closing the lid when connecting to the AMP right? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

v/r

D.

8 Wizard

• 

17K Posts

March 7th, 2016 20:00

In the Windows Power Profile options, you can choose what to do when the lid is closed (IIRC, nothing is a choice).

7 Posts

March 10th, 2016 18:00

Hi Tesla,

My power settings are set to performance. The only "When I close the lid" options I see are "Do Nothing" which its set to and "shut down".

v/r

D.

April 11th, 2016 14:00

I've seen a similar situation except without an external graphics amp plugged in on my 13r2. Currently I have one external monitor plugged into the onboard HDMI port, and when I tried to upgrade the NVIDIA drivers to the most recent ones I had similar issues where the external display seemed to be running off of the graphics card, but the laptop display had choppy video and moving windows across displays froze the content.

The only solution a tech rep had for me so far was to roll back my graphics card driver to the last one supported by Alienware.

No Events found!