Highlighted
Alaris
1 Copper

Laptop Fan Issue

I have an Alien-ware 18 and everything has been going great but recently every time I turn on the laptop after about 1-3 minuets the laptop freezes and the fans turn on at full speed. Then the fans turn off and I regain functionality. After that initial fan blowout nothing else happens of note. (this is a new thing, the laptop has not ever done this before and the laptop is about a year old or less in a room that is not very hot at all).

I have flipped the laptop over and use a can of air to try and see if there was dust on anything but it is very minimal. What is going on??

0 Kudos
2 Replies
LordZog
2 Iron

RE: Laptop Fan Issue

Your AlienAutopsy auto-upgraded to supportassist and this is a known issue, remove the supportassist for now.

0 Kudos

RE: Laptop Fan Issue

If it’s because of the upgrade of the support assists, check out this [DEAD LINK /owners-club/alienware/f/3746/t/19618918]sticky and follow the steps it should fix the fan spinning issue.

Alienware-Milena
Dell | Alienware Technical Support Alienware Arena
#IWork4Dell
Opening your case does not void your warranty! Check out Alienware Artificial Intelligence
I can't always reply to PM's, if you need extra assistance visit: YouTube Logo Facebook Logo Twitter Logo

0 Kudos