Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

February 15th, 2012 21:00

M11x r2 Skyrim issues.

well first off system is an m11x r2, i7 not overclocked, 8 gig of ram and no other programs running at the time i try and play skyrim.  should also mention that the graphic settings are mostly on medium and shadows are on low.  the issue i get is at times the game will freeze, to get out i kill it with task manager but i get a zombie process.  still trying to get rid of the process i have use programs such as lockhunter, unlocker and pskill.  none work for me.  since this results in a zombie process, proper shut down or reboot is not possible.  today i have installed nvidia's newest drivers 285.62.  i notice nothing different in the game except now instead of freezing i get a BSOD.  BSOD messages mention something about the graphics driver could not be reset (would need it to crash again to make sure).  somethings im looking into is possibly to OC CPU/GPU, disable speedstep and try and disable core parking.  its also a possibility that the video card is bad too since i have had similar issues on oblivion and SC2.  any help would be greatly appreciated.  now im off to suffer through my new addiction (skyrim).

42 Posts

February 15th, 2012 21:00

forgot to mention i have also run the utility from dell from the F12 boot sequence.  the file mentioned in the BSOD is NVLddmkm.sys

42 Posts

February 20th, 2012 00:00

no one wants to help me?

42 Posts

February 24th, 2012 11:00

used the program called OCCT with gpu memtest and within 2 seconds it finds over 64 thousand memory errors.  shouldn't this mean my video card is defective?

Community Manager

• 

54.2K Posts

February 24th, 2012 12:00

I cannot speak to the results of a non-Dell diagnostic. First, you need to remove the retail driver and install the Dell video card driver. When done, restart the system. Then, restart again and run the Dell PSA Diagnostic.

42 Posts

February 24th, 2012 12:00

i have done that before i even updated to nvidia drivers, same thing.  it will pass since it will mainly test the cpu.  it does a very quick test to see if the video card is detected and asks you to press Y or N if you see bars.  but i will do it if i must.

42 Posts

February 26th, 2012 17:00

i tried to install your drivers and now my video card is not listed in device manager.

6 Posts

February 27th, 2012 18:00

www.geforce.com/.../41704

Go that Link. It should be the new update for the 335M. 45% Boost on Skyrim, Mass Effect 3 etc. Just download it and install. I also read that there's a Skyrim High Resolution Pack which you can install to get the best graphics out of Skyrim, I think? I'm not too sure about the High resoultion pack, I'll have to get a look into that for myself.

42 Posts

February 27th, 2012 23:00

thanks, i already downloaded it.  wont install since the card was missing.  got it back with system restore.  but i had shown to a dell employee by their remote desktop software.  hopefully this will finally result in getting a new board.

No Events found!