Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

July 3rd, 2013 07:00

M14xR2. Endless beeping. No startup.

So last night, I got home from work hoping to play some LoL and upon powering up my laptop, it started beeping and was totally unresponsive. I've already been through other forums and most people are saying this is a sign of motherboard failure. Can anyone confirm this? and if this is in fact the case, could an Alienware support member get in contact with me?

1.8K Posts

Hi WeaponX20,

It can be frustrating when the system beeps and fails to start. I appreciate your efforts for researching on issue. To determine the exact issue or the part that is not working properly, please let me know the number of beeps emitted by the system.

6 Posts

It just beeps endlessly. It beeped as many as 20 times before I just shut it off.

1.8K Posts

July 3rd, 2013 08:00

Hi WeaponX20,

Thank you for your reply and for providing an update on the status. Please follow the steps provided below to release any static build up in the system:

1. Remove the AC adapter and the battery (Visit this link for a video on how to remove the battery: http://bit.ly/1cR1gsK)
2. Press and hold the Power button for 20 seconds and release it.
3. Reseat the battery and the AC adapter.
4. Press the Power button to start the laptop.

You will need to reseat the memory modules and check if the system boots properly. Refer the video provided in the link below to reseat the memory modules that are located below the battery:
http://bit.ly/16Oq3fN

Please let me know about your findings.

6 Posts

July 3rd, 2013 23:00

I tried re-seating the RAM and I'm still getting the same issue. Black screen and endless beeping.

1.8K Posts

July 5th, 2013 03:00

Hi WeaponX20,

Thank you for your reply and for providing an update. It seems that the issue is with a major hardware component. Please send me a Private Message with the system Service Tag (including the name on the account and the contact details), so that I can check the warranty status and provide the options available.

To send a Private Message, click on my name in Blue and then on "Start Conversation".

No Events found!