Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

December 5th, 2013 09:00

M15X, White screen Issues

I am facing issues while gaming, even gaming a low-end graphic games. While gaming/surfing, my M15X behaves weirdly, with white screen, while sound and background still running. Only white screen and sometimes black, sometimes even blur visions. I need to know the source of this problem. Please help.

Alienware M15x
Processor: Intel (R) Core(TM) i7 CPU Q 740 @ 1.73GHz
Ram: 4.00GB
System type: 64-bit Operating System, x64-based processor
ATI Mobility Radeon HD5800 Series (Microsoft Corporation - WDDM v1.20)
Total available graphics memory 2810MB
Dedicated graphics memory 1024MB

Community Manager

• 

54.2K Posts

December 5th, 2013 10:00

faidakatsuki,

* First, go back to the top of this Forum board and open, "READ FIRST! Alienware Troubleshooting Articles by Model"
* Open M15x
* Read through the document

December 7th, 2013 08:00

Thanks for your reply and help though, but now this whitescreen is getting serious, when system boots up until the windows 8 login screen, it turns white. Please do help. Thanks.

Community Manager

• 

54.2K Posts

December 7th, 2013 17:00

The M15x came out in September 2009 so I doubt that the original warranty is still valid. Have you opened it up and cleaned out all of the dust that has collected over the years?
Connect an external monitor to the M15x VGA port. Does the white screen issue show up on the external monitor?
Do you have the latest M15x A09 bios loaded?
Have you reinstalled the Dell WHQL Ati AMD Radeon driver?

December 7th, 2013 21:00

Thanks for your reply. So I've connected my M15x to a monitor via vga cable and no issues with the monitor whilst my M15x still blank and white screen.

loaded M15x A09 bios. I've just cleaned and removed the dust. Still same issue. It's weird though right after a Month of warranty expiry, my M15x started to act weirdly.

I'll try reinstalling my Windows to Official Alienware W7 and do the remaining step. Has it gotta do with the BIOS settings? Thanks for you reply. I'm tryin my best.

December 10th, 2013 04:00

hello, it's been awhile, so basically i've partially fixed my Alienware M15x following the steps you told me with some additional steps i added, it;s all smooth and so when it comes to surfing, video editing, but when it comes to gaming, i'll be encountering problem. I've game BlackShot and its all alright nothing is wrong, but when i game e.g. LEFT 4 DEAD 2 / FIFA 14, my M15x will then encounter a black screen while back ground is still running. i've connected it to a monitor and the monitor was able to process the gameplay while my M15x is having the black screen. Please, i really need a solution for this. LATEST M15X A09 BIOS LOADED, i'm not sure how to reinstall DELL WHQL Ati AMD Radeon driver. buti've reinstalled my Windows to windows 7 with a clean format and reinstall all the required system drivers on the Alienware m15X resource DVD. please help me, thanks in advance. BUMPS.

No Events found!