Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

February 2nd, 2013 09:00

M15x Display Issue

Hi all! About 3 weeks ago my m15x (P08G) started to get really hot while playing games. Most of the heat was coming from the CPU side of the board and it was red hot to the touch after about half an hour of game time (mostly WoW). So I decided to give the CPU and GPU vents and fans a clean out and apply a new layer of thermal compound. I went ahead and did that job making sure I kept everything static free. Turned back on the laptop and noticed the display wasn't working. Opened her back up to see if I did anything stupid along with unattaching and reattaching the display cable but I couldn't find anything wrong so I took out the cell battery for a few minutes, put it back in and then tried again but still nothing. Everything else is running fine. If I attach my TV to the VGA everything shows up and I can still play WoW without any problems which is why I don't suspect I messed up the 260m. I just can't for the life of me figure out why the display suddenly stopped working. One weird thing though is if I close the lid and open it again the display turns on but the screen stays completely blank. It is a weird issue. Has anyone had any similar problems or have any ideas how to correct this without having to buy a new HD display? Any help is appreciated.

12 Posts

February 4th, 2013 09:00

Selfish bump....

February 6th, 2013 13:00

Hey buddy, seems like you need a new LCD assembly. 

Send us an email to AlienwareUpgrades@dell.com with your service tag and contact info, and we’ll review your case!

12 Posts

February 7th, 2013 01:00

Thank you for the reply. I was worried about something like that and I will email you later today. I have ordered a display cable from a third party website as I hope it was just a faulty connection to the LCD and €20 on a cable is much better than €500+ on a whole assembly when it could just be the cable itself that is faulty.

No Events found!