Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

December 30th, 2016 07:00

M17X R3 Black Screen 6 Beeps

Hey guys, I'm trying to salvage my alienware m17x atm. I think my GTX460M is dead since it's giving me the 6 beeps on startup. Tried to reseat everything and still doesn't work. Occasionally, it turned on for several minutes but not for long. Here's my question, is there any way i can just switch to integrated graphic without using my fried Nvidia gpu so i wont face this problem again? The thing is, i couldn't find a way to activate my integrated graphic since its not detected in the BIOS and the FN + F6 doesn't do sh*t. Cheers!

3 Apprentice

• 

4.4K Posts

January 2nd, 2017 09:00

Hi,

Enter the BIOS and try loading the BIOS defaults F9 and removing the 460m.

Let me know!

January 11th, 2017 01:00

Hi Eimy,

Thanks for the reply.

I've tried to apply the BIOS defaults but it always reverted back to the previous setting.

My laptop seems to restart twice after trying to load the default setting

I noticed a thing which is the primary display changing from PEG to SG (when loading BIOS defaults) but reverted back to PEG again after restarting which means it won't load the BIOS default.

This might be related to the integrated disappearance.

Anything I should do to fix this?

Cheers!

January 12th, 2017 01:00

I forgot to mention, when I tried to remove my graphic card after the reset, it gives me blank screen (but not black screen, so the screen is not totally dead unlike the total dead screen from before) but with the same 6 beeps

No Events found!