Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

October 12th, 2011 09:00

M17X Stealth Mode button isn't working! Can't enable my GFX cards..

Dell recently updated my Bios to the A07 and about 5 days afterwards I turned on my laptop(without being plugged into the wall) and it automatically went into stealth mode. About an hour later I shutdown the computer and plugged it into the wall. About 3 hours after that I turned it back on(while plugged into the wall) and when I got to desktop I noticed that the third gfx card(9800gt) was still on and not my two gaming cards(x2 260M). I hit the stealth mode key on my computer and it won't work - so I tried hitting FN+F7 and that didn't activate the pop-up either....so now I can't play any of my games since I'm stuck with my 9800..instead of my 2 cards....

Just curious on why I can no longer switch between both types of cards..? I used to love doing this on really old games not running my 260M's as they could run really well on the 9800 - but it can't work the other way around(the 9800 running new games). Did A07 disable the keys for some reason?

15 Posts

October 12th, 2011 19:00

Anyone have any ideas?

15 Posts

October 13th, 2011 19:00

Still looking for any information on this; Google has yielded a lot of people having the same issue but no answers. Any help greatly appreciated.

15 Posts

October 20th, 2011 17:00

Still looking for any answers to this...am I the only one on this site having this issue?

1.2K Posts

October 20th, 2011 17:00

well if bios was updated i would check bios to see if graphics setup got  changed and disabled the 260M's ... also in windows you can check and see if video cards are seen by windows in  device manager ... should show 260M 260M and 9400 OR 9400M  depending not 9800 :O  which is onboard video .... but verify this first that cards are seen in windows and not diabled  or disabled in bios ...  i had to disable them when my 280's failed on my M17X R1  ALSO if you post on battery it defaults to the onboard 9400 , which needs to be reset in bios sometimes when power is reconnected ...

No Events found!