Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

June 22nd, 2015 23:00

M17X4R4 - Blue Screen 000X116

Dear,

Am having this problem with a blue screen, when the technician visited my home 10 days ago he run the test and all as per procedure, and everything was OK, but still we decided to change the Graphic card,i have a warranty so the technician changed my Graphic Card, but one hour after  same Blue screen error happened again., It just happens when i am playing an STEAM game, DOTA 2, really not sure if will happen with other game, is the only one i use to play, but most probably yes.

I had same problem in the past with this blue screen, but changing the graphic card was fixed, some time they changed the Mother board and the CPU and all was fixed, i really dont have the blue screen files from that time, but am kind of sure it was always an X00116 error.

Blue screen comes randomly, i can play maybe 30 min or 2 hours but at the end it will happens. 

MY SERVICE TAG: <ADMIN NOTE: Service tag removed per privacy policy> , i think it is enough for you to have all the specific technical information from my lap top, and history problems. 

Already installed the most updated driver from Alienware web page until 05/31/2015.

Just last night one more was released, so i just installed but didnt have time to try it properly, not sure if you know if this driver will fix this specific problem. 

Below is the information from the blue screen am having, am sure you as an expert will know what it means, i has been reading in forums about this same problem with not a real solution found:

I have more dump files if you need them. but are pretty much the same. 

I will really appreciate your help. 

• 

2.7K Posts

June 24th, 2015 09:00

What the processor temperatures when the system is idle and under stress? 

11 Posts

June 24th, 2015 22:00

Hi,

Its a really good question, i had read in this forum that sometimes the CPU is the problem, i had this problem in the past and they changed the video card at the same time and CPU and was fixed.

At this time,the temperature for the 4 CPU Cores ( 4 of them) is 48C in idle and it goes around 52 max when playing, i think is OK. I have a temp app for the GPU and is OK too, never goes over 67.

Last night i under clocked the video card using Geforce tool kit, i went down from 620 to 530, i think so, and i was able to play for 2 hours without having the Blue screen, but it was like if the game was lagging, not sure if was because the under clocking or because the internet, i will check again today to discard the low speed connection as my brother was using it too, any advice on this? any possible damage to the GPU because the under clocking? the lagging could be related to the under clocking?

June 24th, 2015 23:00

1. Reboot your computer in safe mode. When booting, press F8. Your

computer will enter into safe mode to run. See if you still have the

problem in safe mode?

2. If this doesn't work, please run a clean boot:

1. Click Start, type "MSCONFIG" (without the quotations) in the Search

Bar and Press "Enter" to start the System Configuration Utility.

2. Click the "Services" tab, check the "Hide All Microsoft Services"

box and click "Disable All" (if it is not gray).

3. Click the "Startup" tab, click "Disable All" and click "OK".

4. Restart the computer and test the issue.

Note: Clean Boot is a troubleshooting step. If some programs have been

disabled, we can re-enable them later. If you see the System

Configuration Utility, check the box of "Don't show this message" and

then click "OK".

Please monitor the system in the Clean Boot environment. If the

problem does not occur, it indicates that the problem is related to

one application or service we have disabled. You may use the MSCONFIG

tool again to re-enable the disabled item one by one to find out the

culprit. or you can download this to fix blue screen error, 

11 Posts

June 25th, 2015 00:00

CLAIREDUNPHY999:\

It just happens when i am playing so there is not way to try it in safe mode :(

• 

2.7K Posts

June 26th, 2015 16:00

There is a possibility that the video card is damage but you can try to reinstall windows just to make sure is not a software issue.  

11 Posts

June 26th, 2015 23:00

Dear,\

Thats what i did, i dowloaded the below software:

NVIDIA Control Panel Application, 8.1.820.0

I under clock my GRAPHICS CLOCK TO : 405MHZ your processor clock will go down automatically to : 810MZ...Memory clock will remain in 1500...

I has been playing 2 days now not a problem...

What do yo think is the problem??

• 

2.7K Posts

July 1st, 2015 12:00

If you reinstalled windows and the issue persists then it is the video card the one failing.

Did you continue to have the problem? 

No Events found!