Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

November 19th, 2009 08:00

M17x 2nd hard drive caddy.

Hello,

i want to add a 2nd hard drive to my m17x, but i cant get the caddy/the kit to install it into my notebook.

Should Dell provide it? Should they sell it to me?

I wanted to buy 2 new hard drives from Dell.it and they said they will not ship to me the caddy even if i buy the hard disks from them.

Have i found a lazy employe or is it normal and i cant install a 2nd hard disk?

Thank you.

9 Posts

November 22nd, 2009 20:00

Just ordered the part.  Haven't even got my m17x yet but was reading how you guys didn't get one when you didn't order a 2nd hard drive.  Anyway the part is 65.99.  With shipping and everthing it came out to 80 bucks.

3 Posts

November 23rd, 2009 01:00

First, i heard that latest m17x are coming out with the 2nd caddy even if you didn't order the 2nd hard disk.

Second, what's the name of the part? Could you link me the item if it's on the dell site?.

Thank you.

9 Posts

November 23rd, 2009 02:00

Can't remmeber the part number.   And no you can't order it without chating with a tech guy.  I looked for it to.  But its called the Service Kit,Bracket,HDD,Second M17X .

3 Posts

November 23rd, 2009 06:00

The problem is that the guy from dell doesnt want to sell one of those caddy to me.

Tried to chat with a few different guy and they all told me i cant buy one of those.

9 Posts

November 23rd, 2009 13:00

TRDD2 thats the item number.   He should.  I guess keep checking tell you find another guy.  Should get it within a couple days.

9 Posts

December 11th, 2009 23:00

Didnt even check when I got mine but it's been in the lap top the whole time.  Now just need to cancel the order.

No Events found!