Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

January 11th, 2014 10:00

M17x-R3 Battery, "Plugged in NOT Charging"

I am having issues with my Battery NOT charging.  When it is plugged in the battery in the bottom right says "Plugged in Not Charging"  I researched the issues and have done everything I can to fix it myself. Bought New Charger, Bought New Battery, Reinstalled Drivers, Checked Bios. Now I have read that it might be something with the Motherboard but after running diagnostics everything checked out "Passed".

Help Please!

8 Posts

January 11th, 2014 13:00

my 14 is doing the exact same thing. I would also like to know how to fix this.

8 Posts

January 11th, 2014 14:00

I called tech support and indeed its my motherboard. my 14 diagnostics said nothing was wrong either but there is they will be coming to replace it early next week. I suggest calling support the really helped alot.

March 8th, 2014 12:00

I have the exact same issue.  I just bought a two new chargers (because the first one gave me the "plugged in not charging" warning so I bought another one because I figured the first was bad) and a new battery but I continue to get the "plugged in not charging" warning.  I have tried everything as well going on youtube and researching on my own.  Nothing works!

1.8K Posts

March 10th, 2014 10:00

Hi AFChris85 and kevincludlow!

Please check in the BIOS if the AC adapter type says “unknown”. Then send me a PM with your Service Tag and the link to the thread so I can review your case further.

March 11th, 2014 14:00

Thank you for your reply.

I checked the BIOS and it is fine and up to date.  My service tag number is: Is there anything else I can do?  This is my second charger I bought in one week with no luck.  Both chargers will power the laptop without a battery but my battery is brand new as well.

Please help!

1.8K Posts

March 11th, 2014 16:00

The problem seems to require a Motherboard replacement. Please verify what it says next to AC adapter type on the BIOS.

We don't recommend you use your Service Tag on public posts. Please edit the previous post and remove the Tag, then send me a PM with your information and the link to the thread.

March 11th, 2014 18:00

My BIOS says "enabled" for my charger.  This issue occurred after my charger was chewed through by my dog.  The motherboard should be fine.

1 Message

October 7th, 2014 15:00

My M17x is doing the exact same thing, guess I'll hold off on buying a new battery and/or charger for now...until I figure out how to fix it.

1 Message

October 23rd, 2014 14:00

Having the same issue. Charger says enabled in Bios. Bios level A08.

2 Posts

December 9th, 2014 20:00

turn on machine with battery only. then when it says starting windows plug in power. It should work.the battery will charge then.

No Events found!