Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

Closed

February 18th, 2015 09:00

M17x R3, after upgrade no longer 3d vision

Hi everyone,

I have the problem that I have my GTX580m replaced by a GTX780m and everything works fine, auser 3D Vision. since I replaced the video card, I have the problem that I can not activate the 3D Vision and select "stereoscopic 3D" in NVidia Control Panel is not displayed.

I have done the following:

- Flashed Bios
- Graphics card drivers reinstalled completely
- Graphics card drivers installed by the seller

He suspects that there is problem with the license for the 3D code in the BIOS. Is there somewhere a modified bios, what would behebn my problem or is it in the bios can switch somewhere?

Would appreciate helpful reply.

Current Bios version A12

NVidia controll panel

0636.NVidia Control Panel.JPG

2.3K Posts

February 21st, 2015 15:00

Did you go to Nvidia and update the drivers at all?  I don't think there is any code in BIOS or UEFI that allows or disallows for the 3D to work, as it is a function of the graphics card itself (and the monitor).  I unfortunetly cannot stand 3D as I suffer from Vertigo so I have never used it, but I can try and do some research if the updated graphics drivers do not work.  

Another thing I would ask is do you use glasses for the 3D and if so are there drivers for that by chance?

February 22nd, 2015 02:00

Yes, I have the latest drivers from NVidia installed. There are all NVidia drivers installed, even for the 3D.

In the following link you can read that it is a license problem in the bios, which does not make possible the use of 3D for me.
http://forum.notebookreview.com/threads/alienware-m17x-r3-460m-to-780m-questions-concerns.722670/#post-9251143

I use a 3D glasses to be able to use. I got the laptop to a 3D Vision kit 1. And for these glasses, there is no driver.

No Events found!