Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

June 26th, 2016 14:00

M17x-R4, Extremely odd behavior

Here is an odd one for you.

Many months ago my Alienware M17x R4 just died.  Not a normal power off, but like suddenly there was no power.  It was plugged in, battery was charged and I wasn't gaming; just browsing.

I finally called support who basically told me to get a new MB from a third party site and install it myself.  Well, today I was looking at it, and thought I would try things one more time.  Just as I had done in the past I removed the battery, pressed its test and all lights lit up.  I then held the power button in for 10 - 20 seconds.

Replaced the battery.  Pressed power and she came to life after months of nothing.  I quickly gathered my power supply and an external hard drive to copy some images I had not backed up before it died.  While it was going through the login process I connected the power supply.  Shortly after that, poof, down again.  I have not been able to get to come back up.

On a side note if I hold the power button, and release it the keyboard will briefly light up.

Any suggestions??

1 Rookie

• 

1.8K Posts

June 26th, 2016 17:00

my suggestion is to place a companion post in NoteBookReview & wait for help here & there. At NBR you stand a good chance at running into someone with mad troubleshooting skills. Find your subforum & wait it out http://forum.notebookreview.com/forums/alienware.1018/

No Events found!