coco1155
1 Copper

M17x-R4 adapter issue

My adapter issued with the computer was destroyed when I moved so I ordered a new one from Dell. The new adapter says its made by Flextronics instead of Dell but all of the specs on it appear the exact same as the factory one. However, when my computer starts it says the adapter does not support the proper amount of power to the computer. I have to push F1 to continue startup. Is there some sort of setting I can do to adjust the power supply? The specs on both the new and old adapter say Input:100-240V~50-60Hz 3.5A Output: 19.5V, 12.3A. I noticed on the packaging slip the adapter was listed as p/n FHMD4 and described as "ADPT,AC,240W/210W, DLTA,3P,WW"  Is this adapter both a 240W and 210W? And if so, how can I adjust the settings or have the computer use the full 240W? Thank you

Courtney

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Alienware-Naomi
4 Germanium

RE: M17x-R4 adapter issue

Hi Courtney,

Please send me a private message with the order number for the AC adapter so I can verify it's the right one.

Alienware-Naomi
Dell | Alienware Technical Support Alienware Arena
#IWork4Dell
Opening your case does not void your warranty! Check out Alienware Artificial Intelligence
I can't always reply to PM's, if you need extra assistance visit: YouTube Logo Facebook Logo Twitter Logo

0 Kudos