Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

December 5th, 2016 16:00

M17xR4 gtx 680 2gb gpu driver update

Hello, I have a M17xR4 with a gtx 680m running on windows 10. Currently all my drivers are loaded but when I try to upgrade my nvidia drivers past 307 which is the version on the dell website, I can get the boot screen and the windows logo screen but when it flips over to the windows log on it stays black. I don't have any beeps or errors. It appears everything is loading in the background I just can't see anything. If I go into safe mode and roll back the driver to 307 it boots up just fine. Is there a fix for updating the nvidia driver to the latest version?

3 Apprentice

• 

4.4K Posts

December 6th, 2016 11:00

Hi,

Unfortunately, according to the policy document, the Alienware M17XR4 series will not be supported on Windows 10. Some users have successfully installed Windows 10 on these non-supported systems, but they did all the driver investigation (example = installing 7/8/8.1 drivers) to force it to work. Dell does not have the resources to do this on non-supported systems. You could also try posting this on the Notebook Review and Alienware Arena forums for assistance.

No Events found!