Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

August 8th, 2013 05:00

M17xR4 updated BIOS from A05 to A09 and now it won't start

I had some problems with my audiocard and i was suggested that i updated my audiocard driver and BIOS... So after i updated e audiocard driver, i started the BIOS update and walked in the kitchen... After a few minuttes i came back and saw that my laptop was shutting down... So i tried to start it, but it said "Windows failed to start. A recent hardware or software change might be the cause. If windows files have been damaged or configured incorrectly, startup repair can help diagnose and fix the problem. If power was interrupted during startup, choose start windows normally. When i try to startup repair but it said "startup repair can't repair this computer automatically" And when i try to start windows normally it says "a problem has been detected. windows has been shutdown to prevent damage" Does anyone know what to do??

3.3K Posts

August 8th, 2013 06:00

Hi DeraxZ,

Check if the computer works in Safe mode with networking. Restart the computer and tap F8 at Dell logo. Select Safe mode with Networking.

Refer the following link for more troubleshooting:

http://dell.to/13IHAa4

Also, run diagnostics on the computer. Restart the computer. Tap F12 and Select Diagnostics.Let the diagnostics complete.

Awaiting your response!

4 Posts

August 8th, 2013 06:00

Thanks for the response... Im gonna try it out now

4 Posts

August 8th, 2013 08:00

Ok so now i tried to start it in safemode with networking but it didn't help and the diagnostic said "no problems detected".

4 Posts

August 8th, 2013 09:00

Thanks for the help... I went to the link you sent me and my laptop is up and running.

No Events found!