Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

August 14th, 2013 21:00

M17xR4 upgrades

Hi,

I am wanting to upgrade my M17xR4, as far as I am aware there is a 64gb Samsung mSata card, and a 1tb 5400rpm HDD.

I want to remove the mSata card (has Windows OS) and I now want to use a 128gb crucial M500 SSD, which I want to place in the 2nd HDD port that is currently empty and make that drive my primary drive to boot the Windows OS off and still use my current 1TB HDD until I decide to replace that.

I am wanting to find out if this is possible to do with an Alienware laptop as I don't have much experience with laptops, and also I have a 2nd option in mind and that is just buying a 1tb SSD and using that as my main drive for both OS and for gaming etc.

and or buying 2 SSD's and using a 128gb for the OS and the 1TB SSD for all my games?.

Are 2 SSD's possible in an M17xR4, are these all possible, and what would be the best option?

Thanks,

August 24th, 2013 19:00

I ended up just upgrading my M17x.

I now have a Kingston 240gb HyperX SSD as my boot drive, and have purchased and installed a Crucial 1TB SSD as well.

It was very easy to perform these tasks, I did get chat to help before I installed and made sure I would void warranty, and used ESD safety which is highly recommended.

August 27th, 2013 16:00

Hi trentpope87,

Good stuff, enjoy the upgrades!

No Events found!