Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

December 26th, 2011 14:00

M18x Battery and CPU

Battery shows fully charged and showing in devices. It will not power the machine however. If I remove power cord machine will shut down and will not start from battery. Funny thing is adapter warning is disabled in Bios if I enable it it says permanent battery failure. CPU runs very badly unless I disable speed step. Not a big problem maybe but it is a difference of 4.6 and 7.5 on WEI. I can keep speed step disabled but it doesn't seem right. Also no configurable graphics,haven't downloaded the HD 3000 drivers though not sure if I should because maybe I shouldn't have the HD 3000 on this machine. 2630 CPU, Dual HD 6990 cards . Runs like a champ with AC power and speed step off but would like to know if there is a problem.

Community Manager

• 

54.2K Posts

December 27th, 2011 22:00

Have you removed and reseated the battery and tested it? If yes, I should replace that battery. Send me a Private Message (click my username, click Send Message) with the following data so I can look into this -
Email Address:
Name:
Shipping Address:
Phone Number:
Service Tag number:
Reason: Defective M18x battery

4 Posts

December 28th, 2011 17:00

Yes I removed and reseated it. also alien autopsy and every other test I have run says it is fine. If I press the button 3 lcd's flash white. If I enable adaptor warnings in bios then machine will display a permanent battery failure message and F1 to continue or F2 to repair. Have this set up like I want it so not really keen on starting over. Also  should I have configurable graphics in this thing? Don't really care much but if I ever do have to run it on battery it might be nice. Funny  the adaptor warning was disabled.Don't see a PM option? Thanks

4 Posts

January 5th, 2012 17:00

Got the new battery and it works! Thanks Chris.

No Events found!