Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

September 29th, 2013 05:00

M18x-R1, Slow operation, GTX580m, Bad Russian support

Last year I bought a laptop AlienWare m18x r1. First the laptop was faulty, it had problems with video cards (Gtx 580 m). Of course the store refused to exchange the laptop (it is Russia), and I was sent to tech support. When I called, I was enrolled in a service center. (Now the fun begins.) They can't solve my problem already for year! I have visited a service center for 5-7 times, and phoned to technical support more than 10 times. This is a mockery, seriously! During this time, they didn't fix my problem! On the contrary, they have added a few more to me! Honestly, I do not know what to do. History repeats itself time and time again. And no end in sight! Please help me! P.S. If anyone faced a similar problem, please help. During the game, the computer starts to slow down. Computer slows down for awhile, then it all passes, but then it repeats. Computer clean from dust, thermal paste changed. P.S.S I apologize if made a mistakes.

901 Posts

September 29th, 2013 15:00

When was the last time you updated you video card drivers, that would be a good start.

http://www.nvidia.ru/Download/index.aspx?lang=ru

or

http://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-us

If problem still persists, then download a temperature monitoring program like MSI afterburner and monitor your video cards when you play next.

Good luck and let everyone know how you go!!!

12 Posts

September 29th, 2013 16:00

I reinstalled the drivers, but the problem remained. the temperature of a single graphics card holds up to 50, the second in the range of 44. (Played on low settings)

12 Posts

September 30th, 2013 09:00

Guys, please advise something. Seriously, I do not know what to do.

September 30th, 2013 10:00

Hello, the temperature being on 44c and 50c is actually pretty cold. There should be no issues with that.
Do you experience any type of in-game issues? Thank you

12 Posts

September 30th, 2013 11:00

1) I face this problem in any game. (even at low settings of game)
2) I did what you have shown on the channel in Youtube. It didnt help.
3) 5-7 times I handed over to the service center. 5-7 times they tried to repair it- no result. One time they even broke it.(laptop the day after the repair is turned off and turned on). They can not fix it, and sometimes gets worse. 

(Repairs done under warranty.)

12 Posts

October 1st, 2013 01:00

I looked in Bios, and notice that integrated videocard is not detected. (I can't install driver, it says that system is not suitable (intel HD graphics 3000)). Could this be a problem?

901 Posts

October 1st, 2013 04:00

To install integrated graphics on M18x.

1. Hit function and F7 key together - Your system will ask you to restart.

2. Once system has restarted install intel HD3000 graphics driver.

3. When finshed installing HD3000 driver (You may need to restart) Hit the Function and F7 key again and restart your system.

4. Your system is now using it's nvidia graphics, if you want to use integrated you need to hit the function F7 key. Whichever device you have running at the time you check your system BIOS will show up there, the other will say "not detected" as it has been switched off.

This procedure will only work if you have command center and alienware OSD installed, otherwise the F7 key will not work.

12 Posts

October 5th, 2013 03:00

Once again, I reinstalled the system and the drivers (in the correct order.) But it did not help. I have the warranty expires soon! Help! 

12 Posts

October 5th, 2013 04:00

I have a question, I can change the laptop to another? As the technical support can not solve the problem. (for a year)

October 7th, 2013 11:00

Rather email us at awsocialmedia@dell.com
Include your service tag and contact information. We will take care of your problem. Thank you

12 Posts

October 7th, 2013 12:00

Here's what I got back: "We will re-direct your e-mail to the support in charge of Russia. The main issue is that we currently handle only US and Canada cases from this e-mail because we have very limited access to tools and parts in your "

October 7th, 2013 13:00

Please explain your case to them with detail. If your computer is in warranty is better to make use of it.
Thank you

12 Posts

October 7th, 2013 14:00

I did. But the answer is same. "We can’t handle cases from outside those 2 countries. We escalate the issues internally via e-mail and can ask for further solutions but besides that there isn’t much we can do about".

October 7th, 2013 14:00

Hi, I am sorry. I meant the email you will receive from RUS support. Thank you

12 Posts

October 13th, 2013 13:00

I'm waiting an answer for a week already ... No word from them.

No Events found!