I'm having lots of performance issues with my M18x
I seriously can not play the desired game with a decent fps to run the game smoothly.
It even lags like 5-6 seconds when I run battlefield 3 on medium graphics
And I'm also having issues updating my drivers.
How can I improve my performance <TOU Violation>?
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-2920XM CPU @ 2.50GHz (8 CPUs), ~2.5GHz
Memory: 16384MB RAM
Hard Drive: 490 GB
Video Card: AMD Radeon HD 6970M
Sound Card: Speakers / Headphones (IDT High Definition Audio CODEC)
Mouse Surface: A4 Tech Mousepad
Operation System: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit (6.1, Build 7601) Service Pack 1 (7601.win7sp1_gdr.110408-1631)
Motherboard: ASUSTEK M3N78VM NF8200 DDR2 VGA+GLAN+SATA 16X
Computer Case: Alienware M18x
steviejones133 tips sound useful. But whenever I try to update/install my drivers i get the blue screen of death, cancelling the installation. So what if I uninstall it and I will never be able to install it back again?
Are you saying that your issues were when using our Dell OEM Radeon HD6970m driver (8.902-111012a-128052C-Dell_ZPE.exe) ?
I think you should log into the NRF site and ask the other M18x owners. They are all very sharp and most are gamers like yourself. I cannot test retail drivers on my M18x. I can only troubleshoot with our Dell OEM driver.
I did ask around and i saw that some people have the same problem too. I tried reinstalling the game. It was running smoothly with 70 fps in the first 5 minutes.
But afterwards, it dropped to 20 and never raised up again.
And this is not only battlefield 3
It's happening in every game
Assigning a game.exe to the High Performance Nvidia processor
* Be sure the AC adapter is plugged in
* Open the Nvidia Control Panel
* Select Manage 3D Settings
* Click on the Program Settings tab
* In 1: Select a program to customize, click on Add
* Browse to the game.exe and open the executable file by clicking Open
* In 2: Select the preferred graphics processor for this program, click on the tab and select High Performance Nvidia processor
* Click on Apply and the settings will be saved
* Now when you start the game.exe, the system will only use the High Performance Nvidia processor