Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

December 29th, 2012 15:00

{MOVED}File JBNRES.DLL missing - Problems with iTunes

Hello,

I have been experiencing some problems with iTunes, an today I went to a MAc Store and they discovered I do not have the file  JBNRES.DLL

An error pop up titled "JUKEBOX EXPLORER PLUGIN" appears saying " FAIL TO LOAD JBNRES.DLL. CHECK THAT THE FILE JBNRES.DLL IS IN THE DIRECTORY", right after  I try to add any file to my iTunes and my Dell Alienware Laptop (Configuration: Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit). 
The whole Windows freezes after that and I have to manually close iTunes.

I went to an Apple Store today and an expert there  told me that the file JBNRES.DLL is missing in my computer directory.

I never did anything to have this file missing, so I don't understand why that happened. So, how can I recover this file? Can I download it from somewhere?

Please help if you can!
Thanks,
Moses 

1.8K Posts

December 30th, 2012 06:00

Hi Moses,

It would be annoying when you receive missing DLL files error message while trying to use iTunes. JBNRES.DLL file is required by software created by Creative such as sound card applications. Please re-install any Creative applications that are installed on the computer. I suggest you to update the security software installed on the computer and scan it completely if you do not have any Creative software installed on the laptop. This would remove any possible virus infections on the laptop.

Please reply to this message if you need further assistance with the exact model of the Dell Alienware laptop (E.g. Alienware M14xR2)

4 Posts

December 31st, 2012 06:00

Hi Rajath,

Thanks for you reply ans tip! Sotty I didn't reply before, I had problems with my login to this Blog so I could reply.

I did what you suggested:

Checked for any Creative software installed and saw none. Then I ran a full scan using Norton 360.

After that, I re-installed the Creative Software I have here, related to an old mp3 device.

However, the same iTunes problem still persists, showing this error box when I try to add a file into iTunes:

"JUKEBOX EXPLORER PLUGIN" appears saying " FAIL TO LOAD JBNRES.DLL. CHECK THAT THE FILE JBNRES.DLL IS IN THE DIRECTORY", right after  I try to add any file to my iTunes and my Dell Alienware Laptop (Configuration: Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit).

I also checked to see if the dll is there in  my Windows using the tips from this webpage below, but is still missing there:

www.pcerrorfixtip.com/JBNSRES.DLL-55683.html

Since this option didn't work, Is there any way that I can get this dll somewhere and manually put it in directory that  it is supposed to be located?

Responding to your question, this is the model of my Dell laptop: M11XR2

Thank you!

1.8K Posts

January 1st, 2013 12:00

Hi Moses,

Thank you for your reply. I appreciate your efforts to fix this error and recommend you to uninstall and re-install iTunes on your computer. Please let me know if you experience the same issue again.

4 Posts

January 1st, 2013 14:00

Hi Rajanth, thank you for your reply. I already uninstalled and installed iTunes twice, before I installed Creative Software, I don't think it is going to work if I do it one more time. What do you think, should I do it anyway or it will be a waste of time?

8 Wizard

• 

17K Posts

January 1st, 2013 15:00

Are you sure JBNRES.DLL belongs to Creative and not Alienware Command Center? Does CC have a Jukebox plugin and do you have it installed?

757 Posts

January 1st, 2013 19:00

I believe you touched on the problem yourself. The "old" mp3 player device you are trying to use is not W7 compatible. What is the "old" device (year it was sold) and have you researched w7 to see if it is compatable? Just for grins, run sfc/scannow at the dos prompt to fix any windows issues you might have.
No Events found!