Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

October 5th, 2012 17:00

MX11 BROKEN HINGES

I purchased two MX11 Alienware laptops from Dell.  The hinges on my laptop were a little loose; however, a couple of days ago they broke.  I am now unable to close the lid to the laptop, as the screen bows in the middle and I fear it will snap off.  

I followed the instructions on Dell's website to call and get the hinges repaired as I understand this is an issue with this particular laptop and Dell is repairing them.  Finally, after 45 minutes I was connected with a rep (whom I could not understand).    Anyway, he told me they will fix the laptop, but hopefully, I will take better care of it when I receive it back.  I explained I'm a 48 year old and I've never had my laptop outside and I take excellent care of it.   I tried to explain to this person that I am unable to shut the laptop for fear the screen is going to snap off and I was told that the box I will receive will include instructions that will hopefully assist me in closing the laptop.   

I would like to mention I'm really offended by the response that this rep (Carlos) gave me.  Hello, they're "Technical Support" (joke) telling me there will be instructions in the box that will hopefully assist me in closing the laptop.  After I explained I'm terrified it's going to snap off if I force it shut?????  

Does anyone have any suggestions on how I can shut this without the screen breaking off?

I'm a very responsible adult and as a matter of fact I have always kept this laptop on my nightstand  since receiving 3/2011 and I'm the only one who uses it so for this idiot to indicate otherwise is a slap in the face.  

Thanks!!!!!!!!

No Responses!
No Events found!