Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

August 12th, 2014 15:00

Mx17 R3 GTX 580M to GTX 770M upgrade

I installed the new GPU 770m but turning on my computer it is not able to boot correctly. It is blocking a few second after the power on. The BIOS doesn't start the computer, even pushing the F2 or F12 keys, I cannot have the Boot menu on the screen. The BIOS is up to date at the new version (A12). Could you please let me know how to proceed to fix the problem? Thanks a lot for your help. Best Regard

• 

2.7K Posts

August 14th, 2014 12:00

Hello Frenzconti90!

Have you tried to put back the original video card into the system, just to make sure is not a problem with the new one? 

August 17th, 2014 11:00

Hello and thank you for your help, I tried the following methods with the hdd disconnected. 1) with the old gpu bios starts but after a short time makes me a BSOD (gtx 580m is broken) 2) without gpu everything ok, the bios start without error 3) with the new gpu bios charge more than 50% and then crashes

• 

2.7K Posts

August 19th, 2014 16:00

Yes actually if the system is not posting with the new video card is because the motherboard will not support it. We didn’t certify the 700 series on the system so we cannot assure you that they will work.  

No Events found!