Highlighted
river82
1 Copper

My alienware 17 r3 now takes more than 2 minutes to power on or reboot before displaying the alien logo

Well that happens, started doing that a few days ago, I updated the bios to 1.3.0, the kionix freefall to 1.4.0, the drivers in general, the option of CPU performance is disabled. I did all the long tests of alienware assist support and all went well. I do not understand, I leave a video of what happens here below:

0 Kudos
5 Replies
eternalkp
3 Silver

RE: My alienware 17 r3 now takes more than 2 minutes to power on or reboot before displaying the alien logo

try latest bios 1.3.10.

i always upgrade my bios, every generations dell release. never seen this.

downloads.dell.com/.../Alienware_15R2_17R3_1.3.10.EXE

0 Kudos
AAA737flyer
3 Cadmium

RE: My alienware 17 r3 now takes more than 2 minutes to power on or reboot before displaying the alien logo

I did not see the drive light come on when you hit the power button. In BIOS, is the boot drive listed first in priority?

0 Kudos
AAA737flyer
3 Cadmium

I took another look at your video and notice you were using sleep mode. My guess is that some app or program you are leaving open is causing the delay. Close all apps/programs and shut computer off. Restart normally and then go back into sleep mode. Wait a minute and then try coming back out of sleep mode and see if there is still a delay.

Are you using Firefox Browser?

0 Kudos
AndrewSi
4 Tellurium

Make sure to go through each BIOS update if you install them, installing the latest does not mean you get all the improvements from previous updates, each one is stand alone and needs to be installed to receive the benefits.

Try disabling fastboot in power options via control panel

0 Kudos
eternalkp
3 Silver

hardware are quickly scanned during these bios screen. the fact it takes this long means there is some sort of hardware failure.

0 Kudos