Highlighted
Mary Seim
1 Copper

My charger wont charge my Alienware m17x-R4

So i have Alienware laptop that worked just fine the other day and now i suddenly realized that the charger didn't charge the computer. So i tried to take the pc on and off but it still didn't help. Then i took the charger out of the outlet and in again and i saw that the light on the charger (wich shows if the charger charges or not) went on and and faded off slowly over 3 seconds. I don't know what to do and i only got 40% left so please help me!

0 Kudos
2 Replies

Re: My charger wont charge my Alienware m17x-R4

Hi Mary Seim,

Please check if the Ac adapter is detected in BIOS, follow the steps below.

Tap ‘F2’ as soon as the computer starts to enter the BIOS

Please ensure that you are able to see the headings ‘MAIN, check the ac adapter type is 240W or none?  Also connect a known good adapter and check if the battery is charging?

Let us know about the progress.

Thanks and regards,
Senthil S
#iworkfordell.
To know more about Dell Product Support, Drivers & Downloads, Order & Dispatch status -> choose your region US / India . For Dell support videos click here.

0 Kudos
mjripa
1 Copper

Re: My charger wont charge my Alienware m17x-R4

I have this same problem, and after trying what you suggested, my AC Adapter Type is [Unknown].  This is still the stock adapter that came with my laptop.  It is barely a few months old.  The battery is not charging despite the AC adapter providing adequate power to the laptop.

0 Kudos