Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

April 2nd, 2012 16:00

My foot is green.

I have a question. Why, now that I have a major problem with a Dell/Alienware system am I completely unable to contact anyone that can answer my questions? I call and am told that all is well, sir. But it's not. I speak to silence. Not an offer of help. I feel like I have called and told Alienware that my foot is green. I haven't even received my system yet.

Please. Who can I call? Who knows where my system is and why in God's name does it take a month and a half to construct and deliver. Why am I treated like a second class citizen because I financed it. Evidently you have to pay extra to be treated like <ADMIN NOTE :Profanity removed per TOU policy>

Seriously. Please. Someone please, please tell me how I can find out where my computer is and when it is coming. And with due respect, I have spent a great deal of time on the phone and online so I am not looking for the "My Account" page or the "Customer Support" number. 

Is there a way to escalate to a person, or even a machine that will be able to make a call or look out a window or ask a person on the line where the Hell my computer is.

HELP!

Thanks.

10 Posts

April 2nd, 2012 18:00

Dell seem to build PCs to order and not stock them. My X51 took 3 weeks from order to delivery (even though standard stock specs) and was shipped from Poland to the UK. You will not receive any further information by calling support than what is already available on the My Account orders page. See what the estimated ship date is on there and you'll just have to wait it out. A customer service agent sitting in a room full of telephones will not be able to locate the exact status and location of your device on a line until officially ready and system updated with courier shipped. I highly doubt financing makes you a "second class citizen". If anything, you're paying more for your item than those that purchase outright and hence would be more valued. Regardless, there should be an estimated delivery date already given to you, if not, something may have gone wrong with your finance application?

2 Posts

April 3rd, 2012 07:00

Financing is all good. My Account says delivery for the 5th of this month but when I call they say the 27th. I just want to be around for the delivery. When I told them this they said there was nothing they could do because it was financed. If I had paid cash they said they could make delivery changes and have it shipped direct to my office if I wasn't home. Also because I financed they were unable to have a notice given to me when it was going to be en route.

You are right, one would think that for the huge amount extra I was paying it would make me 'special'. Evidently not.And sitting in a room with a phone means they possibly could have picked it up and asked someone what was up with the conflicting info but alas, no. I spent 35 minutes on the phone with them and am further behind then when I started. Odd for a company that claims to be "customer-centric".

No Events found!