Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

June 5th, 2014 22:00

My m18x have black screen problem! probably video card issue

My m18x have a Geforce GTX 560M and now it started freezing. I was playing a match of Dota 2 and them the screen suddenly turned black. I forced it off and turned on again and it worked fine a little while them it happened again, but this time it didn't started normally again, it always go black screen before the windows login screen appears. Now it's working fine due to me unistalling the video card drivers. Everytime I turn the video card on again it goes black screen again. Need some help because I live in Brazil and we don't have Alienware technical support here.

1.8K Posts

June 6th, 2014 09:00

Hi!

Try to do a clean installation of the video driver as explained here. If issue persists it means the video card is probably faulty. Run a ePSA diagnostic and AlienAutopsy to check for hardware errors and let me know the results. 

5 Posts

June 6th, 2014 15:00

So, I tried everything you said and nothing worked, I reinstalled all the drivers from Nvidia, but it didn't seen to work, so I did the ePSA Diagnostic you said and it says that it's all fine with the components, I did the complete diagnostic and after that did a solo one just on the video card and didn't appoint any error or malfunctioning. If there is anymore you could help I would be really glad! Anyway thanks for the help so far!!!

5 Posts

June 9th, 2014 09:00

First I tried the one in Dell support site, but it didn't work, so I tried refollowing the steps but using the GeForce Experience instead, but it didn't work too!

1.8K Posts

June 9th, 2014 09:00

Did you use the driver version from the Dell Support website as explained on the link above, or the one from NVIDIA?

1.8K Posts

June 10th, 2014 15:00

The troubleshooting confirms it's a hardware failure and the video card needs to be replaced. If the system is still in warranty, this replacement can be covered. Send me a private message with your Service Tag, contact information and link to this thread if you need further assistance. 

No Events found!