Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

J

October 12th, 2014 13:00

N key is sticking

My N key of my m17  is sticking and doesn't have the tactile feel to it anymore. I have to press it abnormally hard to get it to type. Is there something stuck under it? Is the key broken? Can I repair it easily by taking the key off and resetting it or is this something I should send it in for repairs? I'm a student and this is my only computer. The laptop is big enough that I would prefer not to have to lug around an additional keyboard just to make it work.

2 Posts

October 14th, 2014 12:00

I had this issue as well but didn't find a good solution to the sticking of the keys... I would have to pound the button to get mine to type (three of my keys do this). I ended up popping off a key by accident trying to get it to work (which slightly lifting a corner of a key did help for short periods... but end result is popping off a key that I haven't managed to get back on myself).

I hope someone has a solution to this one... would be helpful for the future.

671 Posts

October 15th, 2014 14:00

Whenever there is an issue with one key, we usually have to replace the entire keyboard on these computers.

If you want, I can see what available options we have for your laptop.
You can send me a Personal Message with your Service Tag and a link to this thread to make things faster.

Thanks!

No Events found!