Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

April 25th, 2017 21:00

Need Help fixing unresponding Windows audio for ALienware 17 R4

Windows audio refuses to respond with a permanent working start- that is sound comes out of the speaker without crashing for no reason I am aware off. Tried troubleshooting- not just the normal ask windows for help etc. etc., I.e. reinstalling realtk audio multiple times, as well as the other audio programs i.e intel and NVIDIA sound. NOthing worked so far. I've also need help to recover the audio slot for NVIDIA sound program as Hardware finding difference doesn't recover this.

Thanks in advance

KillerDK12345

1 Attachment

757 Posts

April 28th, 2017 06:00

Also in Services, check to see if "Remote Procedure Call" is Auto and Started.

757 Posts

April 28th, 2017 06:00

Uninstalling Nvidia Drivers:

Do not install video drivers from Windows or Dell site for that matter. Dell site is often several versions behind. Download Nvidia Drivers from Nvidia's GeForce Experience web site. The link below provides all this info and explains how to uninstall Nvidia Drivers.

Before reinstalling run the CCleaner.

https://www.reddit.com/r/nvidia/comments/3fdcqw/upgrading_to_windows_10_read_me_first/

8 Wizard

• 

17K Posts

April 28th, 2017 10:00

killerdk12345 wrote:

1. Did the full test, the 4 hr one- no issues and

2. sound does come out when I tested the speakers in TEST MODE that is.

3. Still no sound from speakers in tab, nor when I play videos.

4. Now when I play videos, videos keep on pausing as if I'm holding the space bar throughout the video

x.x

1. Good

2. Really Good. I think your hardware (motherboard and "sound card" circuit) might actually be 100% functional

3. Right. Yeah, I think your Windows or drivers are corrupt. It doesn't happen often, but sometimes you just have to Nuke-and-Pave the system to get it working again. This mostly only happens on specialized devices, laptops, or machines with "tricked out" hardware config devices. Again, NOT COMMON but I have seen it before.

After you clean-install Windows and do the initial Windows "First Time Setup" BE VERY CAREFUL and selective about what drivers you install and in what order. Try to get chipset drivers on there first. Try to install a proper current driver for each device only once and keep going forward. It might take more than one attempt unless you take Image Backups along the way ... helps save time if you "fall into a hole" and have to backup a bit.

4. Weird. I guess it's looking for audio device so it can give you some sound with your video.

Edited

April 28th, 2017 20:00

I don't know if this helps but I don't have Multimedia Class Scheduler in services

April 28th, 2017 22:00

yeah got my my sound program  for Nvidia back... one issue solved thanks

757 Posts

April 29th, 2017 00:00

That particular service is not in W10. It is a service from an earlier version of Windows but the others still apply.

As you proceed with these attempts to fix, have you removed all peripheral devices from laptop? There shouldn't be any headsets, USB connections, etc.. connected to the laptop.

Nice to read you got the Nvidia software working. I may be absent for the next two days but I will keep researching for you and post when I can.

757 Posts

April 29th, 2017 02:00

Let's try this.

Access Services again, find Windows Audio, Right click on Properties, and select the Dependencies Tab.

On the Dependencies Tab make note of those Services that must be ON (Automatic) and insure those Services are set to Automatic. When checking those Dependent Services check their dependencies as well.

If this doesn't work you may want to access Control Panel, select Programs and Features, and uninstall Realtek drivers. Run the CCleaner, and restart computer. Windows will download drivers. Try this first and then check for any updates.

You may also decide instead to download the Realtek drivers onto the Desktop from Dell, disable automatic Windows updates, and then after uninstalling Realtek drivers in Programs and Features, run CCleaner, restart computer, and install Realtek drivers from Desktop.

Also on your Desktop referencing your Apps. The third icon to the right from the trashcan... is that and another similar icon Registry saves? Have you made any Registry changes to your system?

April 29th, 2017 18:00

Checked services are all automatic (before and now) -complete

The registry saves are from cleaning the registry from Cleaner, it was recommended so I just left the option for it to do so... unless it was the wrong thing to do?

April 29th, 2017 18:00

Yeah.. I really want the clean install to be the last final no other choice option... cause I'm pretty sure I will screw up the delicate process of selecting drivers and etc... (me being fresh meat for windows).

But I'll try the repair install

Thanks

April 29th, 2017 19:00

Just a hunch.. I use webroot anti-virus.. is this anti-virus part of the reason for my system error cause I had a dozen of windows system files in the quarantine + some steam files labelled as virus :/

Oh. Yes I've reinstalled that realtek drive multiple times from dell and that doesn't really solve anything  

Ok. Thanks  

Btw, I think you're on to something about windows for my system being possibly glitchy or corruputed. Ever since I brought my alienware, it's been having all these problems:

1) Couldn't connect to any internet via browser for a few weeks because some program in windows decided to malfunction and permanently crass like windows audio (fixed after I restarted couple of times.. werid.)

2) (ISSUE, Don't know how to solve.. nothing on internet, planning to post this after I fix sound) I am currently still plagued by this lag freeze ranging from 3 min periods to 2-3 hour period where my screen and mouse suddenly freeze for 1-3 seconds then it lags a bit and continues... x.x (sound continues though- definitely not crap internet). Btw, the cpu and gpu aren't overloaded or anything that sort.. it;s just me casually browsing the web and the freezing happens.

3) (sometimes.. often enough.. Windows keeps on over riding my settings of no windows update or allow 'steam to make changes' : have to relaunch steam game multiple times for example hoping for prompt to accept my command for it to work. AND yes I am admin.

Yeah... that's all the problems i'm aware of so far if you aren't counting the:

All videos now insta crash on me when I try to play them... with no sound or not

If they don't crash.. windows will hold the space bar for me gently without letting go (video stops and plays in 1 second intervals) till I close the tab. ( My space bar isn't broken btw).

Generally.. right now I have to say my 4 year old 2011 mac book does a better job at accessing the internet and etc. than my disabled fresh brought alienware  

April 29th, 2017 22:00

My god... I am literally crying now.. after hours and hours and hours of research and troubleshooting with you guys.. I-i finally how sound. It's literally crazy how one can be so happy and joyful simply having sound restored to their system. Maybe because of the work put him together to solve this solution, the collaboration of non-toxic (assuming ^-^) human beings offering real advice in fixing a buggy windows audio.... I am literally lost for words to express my gratitude.

But it is the least i can do. So i will express at least some part of it in words.

Thank you Alienware- Rodrigo for being the first to answer my question promptly, for hearing my inital cries for help as a lost lamb stuck in the paddock of windows, freshly ported from apple computers. Thank you thank you.

Thank you AAA737flyer for offering the first major amount of troubleshooting.. Although it may not have done much, I have learnt much more about the technicial side of windows (at least a little bit) than i used to. Thank you so much.

and finally...

Thank you Tesla1856, man you saved my arse from going through the trouble of reinstalling windows fresh, getting it technichians to look at it, possibily saved (most definintely) hours and more hours i would have spent trying to find a working solution!~ You are also why i managed to get sound at the end... It works! (And hopefully it stays that way for the foreseeable future). Thank you thank you thankyou so much ;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;

I change the status to solved.. for now as the hype can really turn the wrong way very quickly.... i.e. sound doesn't work again... 

Anyway Thanks again, and gl with helping out with other people and happy troubleshooting!

No Events found!