Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

November 13th, 2010 09:00

Nero - or Something Else?

Although I back up every single data file via a 8 Gig USB thumb drive I am looking for a complete system backup image. I don't just want to restore to an earler time or factory state and then take days to reinstall software and updates. Any advice for software that can completely image my internal dual 10K RPM, 300K HDDs as they are at this very moment? I am currently running RAID 0. I am also seeking to buy a new internal drive or an external drive of atleast the capacity of my two combined drives to accomplish this backup. My main goal would be to be able to use this new drive to competely and seamlessly recover from any HDD failure. Basically, remove the dual setup, access the backup single HDD (change RAID?) as if nothing had happened. The Nero 9 essentials that came with my Area 51 ALX is nothing more than a glorifed windows system restore unless I buy the upgraded full version, which I am also willing to do if others have had success with this software. recommendations appreciated.

159 Posts

November 13th, 2010 09:00

Sorry everyone, I meant Dell DataSafe back-up software....not Nero....
Although I back up every single data file via a 8 Gig USB thumb drive I am looking for a complete system backup image. I don't just want to restore to an earler time or factory state and then take days to reinstall software and updates. Any advice for software that can completely image my internal dual 10K RPM, 300K HDDs as they are at this very moment? I am currently running RAID 0. I am also seeking to buy a new internal drive or an external drive of atleast the capacity of my two combined drives to accomplish this backup. My main goal would be to be able to use this new drive to competely and seamlessly recover from any HDD failure. Basically, remove the dual setup, access the backup single HDD (change RAID?) as if nothing had happened. The Nero 9 essentials that came with my Area 51 ALX is nothing more than a glorifed windows system restore unless I buy the upgraded full version, which I am also willing to do if others have had success with this software. recommendations appreciated.

8 Wizard

• 

17K Posts

November 13th, 2010 12:00

I suggest you get Acronis 2010 or 2011.

It does Full, Incremental, or Differential Image Backups (of partitions or whole drives). It has scheduling, verify, and logging. It will "bare-metal" restore Image Backups and more. It also does backups of individual data folders or directories.

159 Posts

November 13th, 2010 13:00

suggest you get Acronis 2010 or 2011.

It does Full, Incremental, or Differential Image Backups (of partitions or whole drives). It has scheduling, verify, and logging. It will "bare-metal" restore Image Backups and more. It also does backups of individual data folders or directories.

Thanks.... Ironically, I just looked at Acronis in a store and a friend also recommended it. I'm on the right track.....
No Events found!